Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, February 04, 2003


"Monday: I aim to be contagious!"


Well, it's Tuesday now and I'm about to head off to work again, another eight hours probably standing behind the register at Barnes and Noble.... I wonder what kind of interesting people I'll meet today?.... [grins]

Monday was an average day, maybe a little less average if you consider that I was rather tired, and feeling slightly under the weather. I was quite cordial nonetheless, and apparently, successful at it.... I still can't understand though why my being that way is so odd to people. They always seem to compliment me, and then add that I should really be disgruntled and unhappy, especially considering my job. Sure I'm looking for a better job, but that doesn't mean I have to treat customers plainly and without a friendly smile (or a little bit of humor). Are there really that many people out there that don't know how to smile and make the best of ANY situation they are in? That baffles me. .... Maybe I really am odd.

Honestly though, the way I look at it, I'm proud to be odd. If my happy nature while at work throws people off-guard, then, hey, tough. I'd rather leave the customer with a bright attitude when they leave the store, then let them go on their merry way still grumpy. That is my goal there, even if my job, overall, is less than I like right now.

Smiles are contagious. I aim to infect as many people as I can!

Have a blessed day today, and hey, feel free to infect as many people as you'd like with smiles and a friendly attitude. That's a virus more people need to have!.... I'll see about writing something on a deeper level late this evening when I get back from work, but until then....

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)