Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Friday, February 28, 2003


"Thursday Musings."


Well, when you go to bed at 4 am, sleeping until noon is not unheard of. Of course, when you work my hours, by the time midnight comes around and you get done with work, that's actually like 6 pm, "Jon Time."

I actually found myself wake late this morning, shortly before my noon alarm, to the sound of the phone ringing. Scott was calling from a few blocks away on campus; he was in town and visiting his sister. He was interested in stopping by. I of course happily, though still slightly groggy, accepted. Fifteen minutes later, I was up and about and talking with Scott. When I don't really have much of a social life, a visit from my best friend (who resides an hour north of the city) is exciting news!

We talked for a bit, and then headed out to CompUSA. Master of Orion III came out this weekend! Scott was extremely excited to finally be able to grab a copy. Ironically, we got there just in time for him to purchase the last copy on the shelf! How's that for timing!... My guess is that he spent much of the rest of the day playing it. ...And I hear it's actually supposed to be an excellent successor to it's previous incarnation!....

Oh, yeah, on another note, Scott's actually able to play that game during the day, because his company let him go. So, in other words, he is now among the ranks of the unemployed. Granted I'm not actually unemployed myself persay, but, I'm actually pretty close to it with the hours I'm getting lately.... [sigh]. .... One employer put it quite eloquently when she kindly wrote to say there were no openings at her company: "...It's an employer's market right now; there's more firing and lay-offs right now than hiring, across the board. Sorry I can't be of more help. I wish you the best of luck!..."

Oh, well, at least I'm certainly not alone in my frustrations on the job front right now. That's comforting anyway.

There's no Most Interesting Resume Recipient of the Day today. I took some time off from that and enjoyed Scott's company, and then... umm.... being lazy. ... [chuckle]. Hey, I think I earned a day for myself, don't you think? ...[smile]. Tomarrow, it's back to the boards, a little drawing (for a client), some creative website stuff.... and probably a few other smaller projects. .... Ah, ...the life of someone hoping for a better life.

Oh, and on a sad, unrelated note, goodby Mr. Rogers. Rest in peace. And thank you for the childhood memories.

Have a good Friday and weekend all. Until the next post,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)