Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Friday, June 11, 2004


"Europe Through the Backdoor"

Today, I was up in the early hours of the morning, and invariably, for a short while, sat down in front of the television. I just so happened to find that one of my favorite public television travel shows was airing -- Rick Steves: Europe Through the Back Door.

Now, personally, when in comes to traveling, if it means just getting from point "A" to point "B", I'm not all that excited. There's usually very little fun involved. But if it involves exploring history, seeing classic works of art, dicovering unfamiliar cultures, or meeting new peoples... by all means, count me in!

Like Europe for example. I'd love to visit Europe some day. Taking in the art, observing the architecture, or even stopping to visit in one of the out-of-the-way villages; that would certainly thrill me to no end. Exploring is definitely in my genes. But, unfortunately, as I'm not in a position to pack up and travel around the birthplace of my forefathers at this point in my life, I'll just have to let Rick Steves do the travelling, and enjoy his journeys vicariously through him.

If you get the chance though, and you're like me, unable to actually go over to Rome or Bulgaria at the drop of a hat, I'd certainly recommend Rick Steves travel series. It's definitely not as much fun as the real thing, but it does live up to it's name -- "Europe: through the back door". And, even better, you don't even need a passport! :)

Enjoy your weekend all, and until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)