Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, June 28, 2004


"The Passion"

Scott was in town to drop off a few more things. We did some cleaning and modifying of the apartment, and while we were out, took in a showing of Mel Gibson's controversial The Passion of the Christ at the budget. Neither of us had seen it before, but we both had an interest.

After seeing it though, I'm not really sure how to review it. It was certainly a powerful movie. Very powerful. But I wasn't emotionally moved so much as I was in awe at the gritty and realistic retelling of my core faith and beliefs.

I kept looking at the film from the strong Lutheran Christian perspective from which I was raised (being the son of a former Lutheran pastor). I noticed certain inaccuracies, mostly minor, that conflicted with my intimate knowledge of true biblical accounts. Small things, but they threw me off a bit. Most of them were references to Catholic traditions. I respect such religious references, but for me, they lessened the personal emotional impact the film had.

Otherwise, though, The Passion was a very good movie and certainly one worth going to see. Not one of my favorite films, but certainly a very powerful one with excellent acting performances and an important message for all.

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)