Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, June 22, 2004


"Tuesday: Preparing to Move"

No, no, not me. I'm not moving. My roomate, Noah is. This Friday is his big moving day. Once again, my apartment will be nice and open. I'll have space again.

I say this because, right now, most of the furniture is his -- the chest freezer that I have no clue what he needed it for; the large oversized entertainment center which I've made more use of than he has; the two desks and computer he's never used in two years of living here; the many cabinets full of stuff he probably isn't even fully aware of anymore; the two couches in the small living room; the dining room table he's rarely ever used.... you get the picture. He's a nice guy, but he has way too much stuff.

This coming weekend, all of that will be gone. Sure, I'll miss the use of the living room television, the dining room table, a chair here and there, and maybe even the freezer to some degree. But all of that is just an extra bonus for rooming with him. If it's there, I'll make use of it, but frankly, I'd prefer the space.

I'll obviously be keeping my own desk, computer, dresser, bed, television, and one of the two couches (which I've convinced him to part with). But I have furniture of my own now. That's about all I need. I'm probably much more practical than Noah to be honest. I've got a fully stocked apartment even without him. I'm happy.

But the cool part is, once Noah is out, I have the apartment to myself for a week before my new roomate, Scott, moves in -- and he has a lot less stuff than Noah did. And, get this, it's stuff he actually uses! Besides that, Scott is my closest friend, and my former college roomate of 2 years. So, I'm really happy with how things have worked out.

I actually took the time today, and spent most of it reorganizing my room and apartment -- after Noah moved his first load of possessions out. I had been using one of his extra book shelves in my room, so I decided not only to remove the shelves, but to rearrange a little while I was at it. As a result, I spent most of the day playing 'interior decorator' and planning for the newfound space. I didn't get much else done, but, it was a productive day nonetheless.

For the first time in a long time, it's moving day, and I'm not the one who's moving. :)

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)