Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, August 31, 2002


"It's in my bones, I tell you!"


I regularly read the weblog (and discussion board) on WilWheaton.net. (For those of you that are unfamilar with Wil, he's the actor that played young Wesley Crusher on the television show, Star Trek: The Next Generation, as well as starring on the popular movie, Stand By Me...) .... Well, I was reading through his blog a few days ago and he posted a rather poignant post about loving acting, just becasue it's something you have a passion for. I thought I'd quote him regarding what he said.... It rang true with me, and perhaps explains a little about how I feel about my love for 'playing pretend'. ... [smile]

"If you want to be a professional actor, you have to love the acting, the performing, the thrill of creating a character and giving it life. You have to love all of that more than you hate how unfair the industry is, more than the constant rejection --and it is constant-- hurts. You must have a passion within you that makes it worthwhile to struggle for years while pretty boys and pretty girls take your parts away from you again and again and again."

- Quote by Wil Wheaton

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)