Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, September 14, 2002


"Alcoholic beverages and bumming around...."


You know, I get so caught up in certain projects that I take upon myself to do, at any given moment, that I get behind in some things.... I'm already behind by a day on my Daily Musings. Bad Jon.

It's not that I'm swamped with work, quite the opposite actually. It's just that I'm the kind of person that thrives best when I keep myself occupied. I actually get rather easily tired of sitting in front of the television just 'vegging'. I honestly have to get caught up in an intruiging show or program to want to stick around. .... And I hate channel-surfing. Bored channel-surfers really annoy me, but then again, by nature, I think I just have a much longer attention span than most people.

Well anyway, I suppose I should get caught up on these past two days shouldn't I?.... [smile]....

Thursday, I worked. Barnes and Noble.... Cash registers. I enjoyed it. Honestly, I did, and the time (about six hours) just flew right by. I liked that.

My shift ended a little after 9:30pm, and I got back home closer to 11pm. Noah worked late too (a rarity at the car dealership he sells parts at), and so we both actually got back home relatively about the same time. Ironically, we ended up talking for quite some time, just chatting about a number of things. I really don't recall what we starting talking about, but somehow we ended up talking for almost an hour about alcoholic beverages. Yeah, I know, not really something I knew a lot about before our conversation drifted that way. Noah drinks socially, -- occassionally (within reason of course). I don't touch the stuff -- any of it.... I just don't drink. Period.

Ironically, I did enjoy hearing his tales of his experiences with various 'beverages', and about his one time being quite drunk (and never drinking to that extent ever again. He made a big point about that fact.). He also explained a lot about the various available beverages you could find in any given bar. Rather interesting stuff. I'm still not interested in drinking though.... [chuckles]

We talked rather late (for him anyway.). That was perhaps not a good thing though since he had to go to work early Friday morning. I have the weekend off, before picking up quite a few more hours next week. I guess Noah was tired Friday, but then again, it just wasn't a good day for him at work anyway -- dull and plodding (as he noted later in the early evening.). I, on the other hand, slept in, was well-rested, and didn't do a whole lot worth much note.

Basically, though, my Friday just saw me sleeping in, then working to promote my fantasy football league online, taking care of a few emails, walking to campus to pick up a book that was on hold for me in the campus library, visiting friends for a little, grabbing a pizza from the grocery store on the way back, cooking it up (and adding more cheese -- I like cheesy pizzas... [lol]...), and watching, of all things, the movie "Duece Biggelow, Male Jiggelo" on TV. I've never seen that film before, and since it was on the Fox affiliate anyway, why not, right? Originally, I'd been told that it wasn't as raunchy as the title would suggest. That actually turned out to be a true statement. There were some sexual references, but overall, the story wasn't that bad. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll be honest, I did enjoyed the film. (Oh, and by the way, I am picky when it comes to movies I stick around and watch. To say I enjoyed this one, is a compliment to the film, despite certain sexual references that could have been left out.).

But alas, I guess that's about it, for right now anyway. ...

... I seem to lead such a relaxed life, don't I?... [chuckles].... It only seems that way, based on what I write here though, trust me. ... [laugh]

Well, I don't think I'm going to pull as late a night as I did last night. I do have things I want to take care of tomarrow.... possible errands to run, and projects to keep me busy. I don't want to sleep away my morning 'cause I stayed up late into the evening.... [grins]....

Take care all, and until Saturday... (yes, I will write ON Saturday... [shakes head in mock disappointment towards those who doubt him...]),

Your blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)