Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, September 17, 2002


"Another excellent day on the job!"


Monday wasn't too bad of a day. I was able to sleep in, just because, only due to the fact that I was scheduled to work starting at 4pm. It was to be a long eight hours at Barnes and Noble, but, nonetheless, I was determined to enjoy the opportunity. I caught my 3:07 city bus past my apartment and headed out for another full shift of book selling.

You know, I must be more of a 'people person' than I sometimes give myself credit for. I think that's what I am enjoying most about working there at Barnes and Noble (BaN). So far I've been spending most of my hours on the clock at the cashwrap (registers). I've usually had the mindest that the cash registers in a store are a rather menial and thankless job. I think I've hit the motherload here though. ... there are a lot of intruiging people that shop in a bookstore. That, and the overall environment just seem to make the whole work thing there enjoyable. Who knows, I may grow tired of it eventually and decide that I need to move on to something else. For now though, I'm enjoying it. Time flies by and I get to interact with people. Works for me. ... Now, if only I can speed up finding more notable success as an actor, I think I'll be set! ... [grins]

I found today at the BaN cashwrap to be a little bit more enjoyable that usual. I ended up working with a young woman by the name of Emily, who, like me, was a new hire. She'd been on the job about as long as I have. It was nice to be able to have someone else like that to relate to. She's actually a college freshman at Mount Mary College, and I am, well, a college graduate.... so, essentally, we had college experiences to chat about in our downtime. I enjoyed that. I did have to be careful though not to influence her with my tales of the negatives of college, but she seemed eager for her post high school education, so it's doubtful that anything would have dampened her enthuasm... [chuckles].....

...I tell ya, there are some very intruiging people at Barnes and Noble, whether employees or patrons! [smiles]

I actually worked till close, which obviously meant a late night. I was let out for the night at about 11:40 (store closes at 11pm), and after grabbing my two busses home (including the second 12:20am bus, whose driver is starting to know me by name), I walked into my apartment at about 12:35 early Tuesday morning. I han't had dinner yet, so I made up something, careful not to wake Noah with the clanking of pots and pans. A little television, a satisfied stomach, and about and hour and a half later, I was off to bed.

I woke up this morning, Tuesday, rather well-rested. I don't work today, so this is another day to catch up on my ongoing personal projects. Ahh.... this looks like it'll be a nice day. Maybe I'll go for a walk later this afternoon? Hmm, we'll see about that. ...[sidweays grin]... It sure is a nice day out!....

Well, until next time,

Your friendly blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)