Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, September 02, 2002


"Downtime .... Blessing or Curse?"


- Sunday, September 1, 2002 -

Well, kind of a blah sort of day here I guess. Not much happening lately (lately meaning the past two or three days or so). I pretty much spent a good deal of time hanging about my apartment, again doing any projects that came to mind to keep me occupied. ... Some website stuff, ... a little apartment cleaning, .... and so on....

... I did take a walk in the evening though... Gorgeous night! As I walked I mused upon how beautiful a world everything can be at night. Most of the time the regular Joe Schmoe doesn't really take the time to get outside and see how beautiful a canvas the night can be when you combine various streetlights, a whole slew of colored lights designed to light up various things in the city, and the general ambiance present about you from the unique textures, the night reflections and so on. It may still be the city -- the industrial capital of any given region -- but at night it sure is beautiful nonetheless!

I sit here now, though, again at my 'trusty' (though maybe I shouldn't write that too 'loudly') computer typing away. I'm up way too late again. My alarm clock says it's 4am on Monday morning already.... yeah, yeah, yeah... I know, I'm going to bed soon.... lol.... I'm just up late becasue I've been getting so caught up in projects I just keep going and going... and going... until I'm at a point that I want to stop. Hey, unless I have someplace to be early in the morning the next day, why worry so about an early morning get-up call... :)

Oh, yeah, speaking of nowhere to go tomarrow.... Barnes and Noble called today and told me my work schedule. My first actual day of work, on-the-job, is Monday the 9th of September. ... Bummer, another week of nothing really to do.

Oh, well, maybe I'll actually make an effort to put together all the acting stuff I need in order to start sending out my acting headshot and resume to area talent agencies. ..[shrugs].... I have the week 'off' (and that means with NO foreseeable obligations), I think I'm going to force myself to undertake some serious projects to keep busy. Maybe my 'week off' will prove to be a blessing afterall. [smile]

I don't think Noah (my apartment-mate) is happy that I'm hanging around the apartment and not at work all day like he is. I can understand that he is concerned that I seem like I'm being a bum, to his point of view anyway. The truth is though, I think it might be more of a matter of a small bit of jealousy on his part. I have free-time, forced upon me, and, by my patient nature, I seem to be taking everything in stride and not going too crazy about it all. I think he just doesn't like that. To him, I'm sure I appear lazy, while he's the hardworking one.... But there's not much I can do about that. That's just the way things are.

I'm the kind of person that has to be doing something to keep busy.... and if I have the time to do it right now, why can't that 'something' be the creative stuff that I like doing, and don't usually have time to dive so deeply into?

Poor guy.... I see Noah's perspective, but honestly, I have a job (finally after way too much time spent looking, though on the bright side the work payed off, right? [smile]...), I have money now thanks to my first of two Office Max paychecks, and due to an interesting turn of events, it's HIM who is borrowing money from ME to pay an important utilities bill. HA! .... So, where am I at fault? :)

I usually feel guilty when others think I'm not pulling my share, but, this time, I don't think I need to let it get to me. I haven't done anything wrong to feel guilty about, other than accepting the fact that I need only to remain patient. As much as I love the guy, he's a great roomy, but this time, he can do the worrying, ... I'm going to find ways to enjoy my week off, as much as I can, becasue come next week, I'll finally be working most of the time too!.... [grins happily].

Have a great day everyone, and God Bless.

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)