Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Sunday, September 08, 2002


"Wednesday => Saturday"


Well, it appears I have a few days to recap. I haven't written since late Tuesday, September 3, but I suppose I have good reason. Actually for most of that time, I was not home... I went to visit my friend Scott about an hour north of the city....

But alas, I probably should not get ahead of myself....

The only thing that really sticks out in my memory as worth noting from Wednesday is that my computer monitor finally decided to go evil. Yep, that's right, evil!.... Well, actually it's just dying on me, but, evil sound so much more dramatic.... [lol].... Truth is, I think something is wrong with it, maybe the bulb inside, I don't know. If I have been using my computer for some time, and the monitor is warm from use, I'll then turn it off and go do something else. Later, when I return, it does not turn back on. If the monitor is cold from being off for a good amount of time, it'll turn on just fine, but after about half an hour, I'll start smelling a faint overheating smell, and that's when I figure it's time to turn her off again..... Oh, well, I guess it's just a sign that the monitor is coming to the end of it's prime operational life, and it either needs some new component, or it needs a funeral. :)

Thursday, Scott called, and we both decided to get together and do something while we still had the chance. He and I both start work tomarrow -- Monday (at our respective places of employment.... me at Barnes and Noble; Scott at some insurance company in the customer service department...). After a bit of a conversation, it was decided that he would drive down here to Milwaukee, pick me up, and we would return to his grandmother's house (where he lives right now) and hang out for a few days.... (an 'overnight' if you will).

Well, I was up at Scott's place from Thursday mid-day until mid-morning on Saturday. We had rented two Blockbuster movies, "Rush Hour II", and "Snake Eyes" for those few days, and I brought up two strategic war boardgames. We actually ended up playing "The Civil War" (a strategic boardgame encompassing the entire American Civil War) for a large amount of the time I was up there, but eventually decided to end early due to waning interest. At the time, however, the game was relatively still a draw, although, my Northern troops had already taken and heavily fortified his Southern capitol city of Richmond. [grins]... which was of course a nice added bonus to me... [lol]...

Anyway, overall, he and I had a great time, enjoying each other's company, chatting politics and current events, playing that Civil War game, watching those two films, purusing some of the better online comic strips, and repairing a minor (non-mechanical) interior part from his car. It was a very worthwhile way to spend a few days before the both of us start our relatively full-time jobs. Being that he and I are such great friends, it is a little depressing that we live so far apart (hey, and hour drive can be a lot between two good friends), but it is nice that we still are presented with opportunities to get together from time to time.

Once I got back to the city, though, I guess I neglected to post for Saturday, but, honestly, not a whole lot happened that's really worth noting. Scott had lent me an extra computer monitor he had to temporarily fill in for my 'aged' one, ... at least until I can get out and pick up a replacement. I'll be honest, it is nice not having to worry about my monitor blowing up in front of me. I plugged it into my trusty CPU, and thus far, it's working well... (and putting my dying monitor to shame... lol..).

Later on Saturday, my sister came over and she and Noah had decided to rent a movie. They invited me to join them.... It turns out that, for some odd reason, they chose "Not Another Teen Movie." I ended up staying in the living room for the duration that it took me to finish my dinner (a very appetizing pepperoni pizza!...), and then, finding myself sickened by the crass, sexual 'jokes' permeating the film, I left them to their movie and found something else to do. ... That was definitely NOT my kind of movie, and you probably will never see me watching it again!

But, now, as I look at my computer clock, I see that it is 1pm on Sunday, and I'm back online again, typing this actually. I'm caught up now, though, so I think I'm off to take care of a few other things.... I'll post again later this evening. So, until then, take care, and have a blessed Sunday!

... (and stay away from crass movies driven by blatent sexual 'humor'.... Directors who direct films like that should be taken out and SHOT!.... [chuckles])

Your slightly opinionated friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)