Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Wednesday, September 25, 2002


"A Sunday with Hannah..."


Well, I've finally sat down and had the time to write about this past Sunday. I've been pretty busy since, but now I think I can put my fingers to keys and share the events of a wonderful day.

Saturday I had talked on the phone for a bit with Hannah (who, for those of you new to this blog, is a treasured female friend of mine whose name I have decided to substitute with 'Hannah' to protect her identity.... Go figure. [smile]...). ... She invited me to join her for church, via foot (in other words, we would be walking there). It was decided that we would attend the early service since I had to work later in the day, and she had also invited me to join her for brunch in the campus cafeteria.

So, planning behind us, Sunday rolled around, and I awoke happily to a new day about 6:30am or so. I showered, got dressed and by 7:30 or so was waiting to meet up with her outside my apartment. A few minutes later, she arrived, smiling and carrying two coffee-flavored beverages. Greetings exchanged, we departed for the remainder of the journey towards the local WELS Lutheran church.

As we walked, the conversation varied from topic to topic, as such does between two good friends who have not seen each other in a while. I found myself enjoying that contented feeling of being able to spend time with someone important to me -- a friend whose friendship means a lot. Then again, maybe it was just Hannah.... She seems to have an aura about her that both intruiges as well as provides for an easier opportunity for friendship. .... Perhaps I should put it in layman's terms, .... I 'like' her.... but even saying that is an understatement. There is much much more to this relationship, and it perhaps can be best explained simply, as a deeper spiritual friendship... moreso than most people take the time to develop. I like that. Perhaps that is what makes this friendship so special. :)

Well, anyway, we eventually arrived at the church, though unfortunately a little late. Hannah usually goes here every Sunday, though by herself. Today was a little unsual in that despite the fact that we were about ten minutes late, we only were there for twenty minutes of the service. Ironically, this Sunday was host to only a half hour service to accomodate some kind of church-member-related Q and A small group discussion format regarding the outreach of this congregation. As neither Hannah nor I were really church members there, our presence wouldn't have been of much use. So, in essense, she and I ended up walking all that way only to be there for the last twenty minutes of the service. Oh, well, the sermon was good, and it did provide an opportunity to reflect a bit as we walked back towards campus.

Since we had ended up missing some of the already shortened church service, Hannah and I decided to return to the campus and have a little devotion of our own. We ended up, rather randomly, picking the topic of Christian wisdom. For the next hour or so, we had a thoroughly invigorating, and thought-provoking discussion. By the time we concluded discussing the topic, I, personally, felt as if I had gotten more out of the whole discussion than I usually do from most chapel or church services! Again, though, Hannah is a good one for thought-provoking devotions, so that does make sense I suppose. I just wish sometimes that I knew more fellow Christians like her who have such a zeal for the Lord in their lives. Just think how spiritually invigorating Christian fellowship could be!

After our devotion/discussion wrapped up, the topic returned to being a variety of intruiging choices. ... She even lent me a few Christian Contemporary CD's from her collection. I am finding that I rather like her tastes in music for the most part, and I am eager to give the CD's a listen....

Brunch rolled around, and just my luck, one of the entre's in the cafeteria was omlettes! I love omlettes ... with 'the works' (basically an omlette with all the omlette fixings)! ... Many thanks to Hannah for 'treating' me to such a delicious midday meal!

But alas, time flies, and as such, I had to head out to catch my bus to work. Even though it was Sunday, I still was scheduled for a full eight hour shift at the bookstore. I enjoy work, but I wasn't as excited as usual to be working that day. Oh, well, I still get payed, weekly, which is nice. I suppose I needn't complain. A paycheck is a paycheck....

Anyway, a little over eight hours later, I was waiting at the at the bus-stop for a 12:45am (Monday morning) bus home. ... and it was COLD out! Silly me, I neglected to bring my coat.... When I did get home, and made it to bed, I made good use of my warm comforter. I've made a point of bringing my coat to work since then! ... [chuckles]....

[end entry]


 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)