Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Friday, September 27, 2002


"Thursday: Day off x3."


I was listed on the schedule for today as working another evening shift. The kicker however was that I was 'on-call.' What this meant was that I was to call work an hour before my scheduled time to start and find out if I was needed to come in or not, due to the store being short-handed for some reason or other. As it turned out, they were doing well, and didn't have any no-shows.... so I was given the day off and told that I did not need to come in. I suppose I won't complain, but I could have used the hours, and the pay.

So, since the day was another one around the apartment, I made the most of it.... by doing very little by way of stress-inducing activities.... Ahhhhh.... Yeah, nice and relaxing. ... [smile]

I've discovered that one of my old favorite television shows (from before it went to cable, during the days I did not have cable access), is on every day at noon. Ever heard of the series (which I believe has ended now...) called "Sliders"?.... Well, since I usually get scheduled to work in the evenings, I'm still around the apartment at noon. I get to watch the show again, every day, on the Sci-Fi Channel -- How cool is that! ... And, it just so happens, they're starting from the begining! Am I lucky or what!?

Later in the day, I decided to, for the first time in what seemed like ages, pull out my collection of computer games and play one. I have not had the time to just sit down and play games. I guess today was my lucky day! .... SimCity 3000 grabbed my interest and, unfortunately, hooked me. I can't complain though, it is a rather engaging game.... and I'll probably play it some more tomarrow as well, especially since I also have Friday off.... (don't worry, starting next week, I'm working full-time again.)....

Then, this evening, on a whim, I decided to watch the Star Trek: DS9 syndicated episode at midnight. Oddly, it was one I've never seen before. Usually, since I am such a huge Star Trek fan, I've watched nearly every Star Trek episode (from every series, except the Original Series) at least once, save a few of the seventh season DS9 ones that I missed for some reason or other. This repeat this evening must have been one of those 7th season ones I missed. ...Good episode I thought... but then again, I am a Star Trek fan, and I'm generally loyal to the franchise anyway. ... [sarcastic chuckle].

Well, I guess it was just another whimsical day in my corner of Milwaukee. Tomarrow, Friday, I have a few erands to run, so, though I will be off work, I also won't be around the apartment all day. I suppose that can only be a good thing.... I do need to get out more.

Well, g'night all. I'll catch you with another post or two sometime Friday. Until then, God bless.

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)