Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, September 23, 2002


"Work, Work, Work...."


No, don't worry, I have not died.... [chuckle]..... I've just found myself, these past few days since my last post last Wednesday, rather milked to the bone with odd hours at work, and struggling to find time to sleep and take care of everything else that I've needed to do everyday. It's been such a sudden turn of events for me that I think it's just now that I am starting to find myself catching up to where I need to be....

That being said, and an appology that I have not been able to post since my Wednesday post last week, I think I shall quickly recap where I have been. Sadly, once again, my daily posting schedule here has been knocked out of whack... I'm realigning it now. :)

Thursday saw me working a rather typical shorter 4pm-9pm schedule at Barnes and Noble. It was a pretty typical day at the registers and working the floor (sales floor that is).... Not much that comes to mind worth noting at the moment.

The killer came into play on Friday though. They wanted me in from 9am-5:30pm. Having gotten home the night before by about 10:30pm due to my dependance upon the bus, and then eating a belated dinner, I got to bed sometime between midnight and 1am. That left me with not even six hours of sleep before the morning shift. Thankfully, though, I did make it through the day with my smile and friendly attitude at the registers..... But I was dead tired when I made it back home. Dinner, and bed followed.

I did not work on Saturday, but rather slept, and then awoke to a day of errands and such. I was not able to find a whole lot of time to be online, and, when I did, was very unmotivated to write anything. Hannah called in the early evening and we talked for a short bit, though not for long since she remembered she had an activity to attend there on campus. Before the conversation ended, she invited me to join her on her walk to a nearby WELS church for Sunday service. Since, unfortunately, I was also scheduled for an eight-hour shift on Sunday, starting at 1:30, she and I made plans to walk to the early service, and then she offered to treat me to brunch in the campus cafeteria before I had to run out and catch my bus to work at 12:30.... Needless-to-say, I was VERY excited for the invitation and the opportunity to spend time with such a treasured friend.....

.... But more about my Sunday, later today -- Monday, after I return from work. Yes, unfortunately, I also work today as well.... good 'ole eight hour shift again. I probably shouldn't complain though, I'll be getting a nice paycheck come Friday. ... [grins].

Well, anyway, I'll be back from work probably about 1am early Tuesday morning. After a little something to eat, I'll likely pop online again and write some more, starting with my exciting Sunday yesterday! .... I just KNOW you wanna hear about it, so stay tuned! ... [chuckle]....

Well, time to get myself ready and off work again. Take care all, and have a blessed Monday. Look for more from me right here on Tuesday sometime. God's blessings.

Your blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)