Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Thursday, October 10, 2002


"Call me strange, but was that a green Frenchman?"


Wednesday I woke up, VERY well rested. I guess I wasn't kidding when I said I was tired Tuesday night. I slept like a baby, literally. I guess though, my body really needed the sleep. Unfortunately however, though I don't really know why, I also awoke with a bit of a headache. Let me tell you, it's an interesting state to be in when you are feeling rested and full of energy, yet you have a headache that always seems to distract you. Then, it slowly wears away that energy, even when you aren't doing anything strenuous.

You want to know the inevitable result of such a physical state?... Yep, sleep. That's strangely what I did too. I was well-rested, yet I slept away my morning, even after having gotten up for a while. Very strange. It was my day off from work though so I didn't worry much, but still, it was rather baffling.... and sadly I didn't get very far on my "to-do list".

By about 2pm, my headache was gone (partly due to the marvels of tylenol...), and I no longer had this subcontious desire to sleep. I was finally ready to pursue my plans for the day, even if already behind by a few hours.

Of course, aside from the physical wierdness this strange Wednesday morning, I was also pondering a very peciliar dream (that likely meant nothing other than serving to keep my mind active during a deep morning sleep)....

See, basically, in this dream, I was a 1700's American soldier standing watch in a high tower that served as a defensive lookout for a strong fortification on the ground below. Inside this fortress there was some kind of classy party/ reunion going on. I just happened to be on duty and not allowed to attend. My job was to keep an eye out for the enemy and alert the revelers if danger showed it's head.

Strangely, in attendance at this part was a vast variety of people, most of different nationalities, some even enemies, but under a flag of truce, to attend whatever get-together this was. There were British soldiers in uniforms of blue (yeah, I know that's inaccurate), French in uniforms of green, Spanish in uniforms that were primarily yellow, Russian in red, French-English troops in a green and blue colored uniform, and so one down the list of available colors. I was, however, not supposed to let in any Russian rebels whose uniforms were red/black in color(s). If they showed up, a vicious battle was predicted....

.... I however, must have fallen asleep at my post up in that tower, becasue the last thing I recall, it was getting dark and I could no longer see much.... and then I awoke in my bed, strangely bemused -- very strangely bemused. The mind truely is a strange organ. Thinking back, the only thing I could get out of that dream is, I've gotta stop thinking about playing that boardgame "Risk"! Colored armies, strange parties, and being stuck on-duty up in a lookout tower. Either I really do have "Risk" on the brain, or I am seriously going insane! :)

Well, dreams, headaches, and sleep aside, my afternoon seemed to go rather fast. Thinking back, I kind of wish I hadn't slept so much, but I suppose one should never argue with the physical body when it says it is not feeling the greatest. I'm fine now, but my day off from work certainly didn't go as planned. ... Never does it seems. Oh well.

I had an afternoon meeting with an individual regarding a business opportunity, though perhaps I shall write more about that on Friday when I am thinking upon the offer again. Perhaps some of you may have some suggestions to offer me aid in my decision.... But that's Friday.... this is Wednesday's post. Today, I'm just reflecting upon the peculiarities of a very unusual day... :)

... Very strange day indeed. At least I can't say nothing out of the norm never happens. It just seems to happen when I least expect it. Ah, but I suppose that's what makes life so interesting, right?.... :)

Take care all. I'll write again shortly....
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)