Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, October 26, 2002


"Christmas: October 25, 2002."


Going in to work today, I would have thought today was Christmas already.

When I get off the bus to work, I go through the Boston Store in the mall that the Barnes and Noble 'superstore' I work in is located... (it's a shortcut to B&N)... Well, their entire store is already decorated for Christmas -- everything from elaborately decorated and lit Christmas trees, to beautiful ribbons and bows all over the store, to even displays featuring beautifully wrapped presents and such.... The whole nine yards. It's not even Halloween yet.

Then, my 8+ hours working at Barnes and Noble today was literally the kind of rush you find during the 'Christmas Shopping season.' Pretty much the entire mall's parking lot was packed, with customers coming in and complaing that they couldn't find a parking space. I saw more shoppers in the store than any single day I've worked there in the past two months. I had an average line of 6-10 people waiting to be checked out at my register at any given time. It was basically SO busy, I never had time to stop and realize that time was passing. Granted time passed in a blink, but now I'm feeling a bit tired, and hoping my next work day isn't like this.... (I find it somewhat hard to believe that a teacher's conference day -- all school's in the city were off today -- was the cause of this insane rush. You'd think that if school was off, kids would want to stay AWAY from books.... Hmmm, go figure.)

And if that's not convincing enough, it was cold and rainy.... rained all day. If it were only a few degrees colder, the rain could have just as easily been snow flurries.

Christmas in October? Apparently. Though if so, I must have somehow missed Halloween and Thanksgiving. Working retail can get a little confusing sometimes.... [smile]

Catch you all later sometime. I'm scheduled to work all weekend.... full work days. We'll see how it goes ... Just as long is it isn't like it was today... [sigh]

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)