Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, October 12, 2002


"Friday: A wonderful day; and... Jon meets a celebrity?"


Friday was a good day, and to be honest, just saying that seems to sum it all up nicely. It was a wonderfully pleasant warm Autumn day here in the the wonderful city of Milwaukee. Unfortunately I had to spend the majority of it indoors at work. Oh, well, the walk/ bus-ride home was nice anyway. [chuckles]

Work was equally pleasant. The day just seemed to fly by as I cheerfully did my job. I kind of wonder if my cheery attitude and friendly smile had an affect on the people that I rang through at my cash register. Most all of the customers were in good spirits too, so I suppose it's a safe bet. I can only hope their shopping experience ended on a high note with me leaving them with a smile. No matter though, I'm just happy to do my job and interact with people. Afterall, that's what I like about that job -- the people.

Oh, on an interesting note, I personally met and talked with a 'celebrity' of sorts today, though it didn't really register right away, as if it had been, say, Tom Hanks standing at my register. (FYI, no, it wasn't Tom Hanks... lol). .... Actually, this celebrity was one of the three candidates for Governor of Wisconsin -- Ed Thompson. (You'd likely recognize his more famous brother, Tommy G. Thompson, former WI Governor, and now a US Senator I think?) .... Anyway, I'll be honest, it took me a little bit by surprise to have this man come up to my register in the bookstore and ask where a certain book was, first shaking my hand and introducing himself as candidate for State Governor! Most of my customers don't do that.

Unfortunately, we didn't have the book he was looking for, however, he did find something else, so I think his visit to my Barnes and Noble was a worthwhile one. ... (And hey, you know, maybe someday he can say he met the well-known actor, Jon Baas, in a bookstore in Milwaukee -- before his days of acting success... (Hey, I can dream and be optimistic can't I?... [lol]...))

You know, I'll be honest, I really have no idea whom I'll vote for in the state election in 24 days, but I can say this, if Mr. Thompson wins, well, then I've shaken the hand of my State Governor ... and at a time I least expected it too. An interesting thought, if you think about it.

Ah, well, it was indeed a good day today. I felt like whistling quite often (meaning I was in good spirits), and I got to meet more interesting people, including one of three candidates for Governor of Wisconsin! ... Yeah, pretty cool day indeed! ... I need more days like this. It makes life all the more exciting!

Well, have a great weekend all, and until I post again, much love from me. [smile]

Your blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)