Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, October 22, 2002


"My voice is back (sort of)... job offers to follow (I hope)."


Work on Monday actually went well, despite the fact that it still sounding like my voice was being rubbed across two dry planks of wood. The energy was there, enough to get me through my shift, anyway. ... There wasn't really too much else to say of work though. It just wasn't a day I was too keen to be on the clock, although I'm getting pretty good at being able to keep a positive attitude throughout.

I got home late last night since I worked the evening shift. I guess I can live with those hours. I actually put in a request to have my hours changed to create a more static schedule, as well as give me the weekends off. I hate having to work on Sundays (and Saturday as I am scheduled for this week and next). I hope it goes through. I think, as long as I am still working primarily at Barnes and Noble, I'd might as well try and get the best out of it that I can. :)

This morning (Tuesday) I was able to safely sleep in (till close to noon), which I think has also helped this cold disappear a bit more as well. I have most of my voice back, though it's still not as flexible as usual. That'll come with time though I'm sure. As long as I can talk without sounding like a piece of sandpaper, I'm fine. ... [grins]

Today, my first of two days off, sees me taking care of computer matters, and later today, emailing out a few job resumes. Tomarrow, Wednesday, I'll probably hit the streets with a few resumes, and maybe stop in at an employment agency or two and see what they can do for me. Yeah, it's back to the ole job hunt, this time for something with potential of a larger paycheck. Hey, I can pursue creative stuff like acting and such, but without an income, even an struggling actor is digging himself a premature grave.

Wish me luck... I'll probably need it. :)

Take care all, and until a little bit later,

Your optimistic blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)