Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Thursday, October 03, 2002


"Quotes: Courage, Persistance, and Faith"


"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the small quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomarrow." - Author Unknown

"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." - Albert Einstein

The truth is, thus far today, my Thursday seems to be affording me a good deal of depressing news. As such, I am forced to think harder for ideas of ways to solve a few dilemmas, and bounce back.

It's kind of interesting how this all works though. Some of my news today (three separate issues that hit me all within a few hours of each other) is less than encouraging and has me feeling quite bummed out. There is that part of me that is saying, 'Jon, you're screwed. What solutions do you have now?' Yet, there is that other part of me -- the part that has learned from acting that there are ups and downs to everything -- that knows that the key to success is realizing and accepting that even if you may be down, trampled upon, and digging your head out of the dirt, you still gotta bouce back up and keep right on plowing headfirst into the frey.

I may be feeling down 'with my face in the dirt' today, but you know what, tomarrow is another day, and I'll resign myself to following that small quiet voice and say, "I will try again tomarrow."

Yeah, maybe some of this news today seems to indicate, that, despite my efforts, I'll be taking the harder road in life right now. I guess 'that which does not kill you does make you stronger', and persistance and dedication never really do fail you. Think about it. People may think there is a point when you're down and you have to realize it's time to give up. Giving up, is not courage. Courage strives on, even in the face of seemingly enormous odds.

But, you want to know a secret though that keeps me going? .... My faith. Yep. Being born and raised in a strong Christian home does impress certain things upon you... And the truth is, I just have to rely even more on the belief in my Christian faith which tells me, "the Lord will never give us more than we can handle, and no matter how depressing a situation is, there is ALWAYS a way to stand up under it."

Amazing thing, this concept of faith. ... Very illogical, but yet very powerful in its truth and simplicity. If you take the time to find courage, persistance, and faith, trust me, life takes on a whole new meaning.

Have a blessed day, and, if you do happen to be facing a similiar mindset as I am today, remember, it seriously isn't as bad as you think, if only you allow yourself to have faith beyond yourself.

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)