Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, October 21, 2002


"Raise your voices... If you've still got 'em."


You know, we really do take certain things in life for granted. When was the last time you tried, by choice, to go without talking at all for a whole day? Probably not recently. Today, I had very little of my voice thanks to this cold I have.... and I'll tell you, it can hinder a lot, especially when a conversation is in question.

I actually did have some of my voice, but I no doubt sounded like a I had a few rocks stuck in my vocal cords. I tried to do as little talking as possible, and I do think I'm starting to get my normal voice back. I kind of had that feeling that I was stripped naked of one of the things I take most granted in life. Good thing this loss of voice is a temporary thing (at least I hope so), I rely on it way to much.

Well, today I stayed home from work. I didn't exactly get to the book(s) I wanted to read. Plans never always go exactly like we expect it seems. I ended up taking a six hour nap, and then joining my apartmentmate, Noah, in the living room to watch the Sunday Packer game. I'm not a huge fan of watching football games, but I will be honest, this 30-9 victory was a doosy of a game, and, when I'm home from work on a sickday and taking it easy, what else is there to do? ... [smiles sarcastically]

I then hung out, mostly on the couch for the rest of the day. I'm not usually a couch potatoe, but honestly, when you feel weak from the common cold virus, just relaxing feels heavenly!....

I did catch an episode of the new television series, "American Dreams", on NBC this evening. I think I may be a new fan of the show. Granted I've only seen that one episode, but it came across as very well done. I may have to tape some future episodes, since I normally work on Sundays (at least for now anyway). Anyone else like the show? Comments?

Well, it's time for bed now. I do plan to go into work tomarrow afternoon, even if I still do need to take a marker board with me to replace the use of my voice. I figure I'd better stock up on sleep. It'll help 'repair' my cold-stricken body (especially my stuffed up sinuses). Besides, if I don't yet have my full voice by tomarrow, at least I'll have energy to keep me going at work.

Well, God's blessings on the start of a new week.

Your blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)