Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Sunday, October 06, 2002


"Sunday Ruminations"


This is sad, I was unable to attend church today, primarily due to my weekend work schedule, and a little bit reflecting how that affected my time to get things taken care of. I really want to be able to attend church every Sunday. I feel kind of wrong not giving that time to worshiping the Lord in Christian fellowship. Bad Jon.... but I guess I'm not entirely to blame.

Normally, I have Saturday off, but, I agreed to help out a co-worker and cover a few hours for her yesterday. It was helpful for her, good for my paycheck, but kind of screwed up the schedule I've been getting used to. All during work yesterday I kept thinking it was Sunday evening. I usually work Sunday evenings. Today though, is really Sunday, and I work. I'm all confused. ... [chuckle]....

... I've already caught myself thinking of today as Monday.... [sighs]

I think I'm going to have to actually consider more strongly putting in a request to remove my availablity for work on Saturday and Sunday. Usually, Wednesday and Saturday are my days off. I appreciate that, but this working Sunday is causing me more and more concern and a bit of conflict with each passing week. Yeah, maybe it's partly just personal preference, but I think I'd rather have my weekends free and worry about the other days on the job.... you know, like a normal work week. [smile]

Having the weekend off also means I can have a social life and can visit friends still on campus without having to worry about getting too much in the way of their class/study schedules. Besides, I think there is merit to having two consecutive days off rather than one here and the other there. Again, it's probably more of a personal preference thing to be honest, but I suppose the time has come to actually see if I can have this adjustment in my work schedule.

I'm finding too that as much as I love my job at Barnes and Noble, especially the fact that I am now working pretty much full-time hours there, I question if the pay that I am making there (even with full-time hours) is going to be enough to cover my bills and such. Honestly, right now I'm getting $6.50/hour. My financial estimations thus far show me just barely making ends meet each month.... Probably not good. Hey, I do have to consider my old college tuition loans (a killer, or so it seems), my monthly rent, and then weekly bus fare, groceries, and a small entertainment budget. That pretty much kills a savings account....

... So, I think, I'm going to dive back into the resume world and see what I can find. I've always considered Barnes and Noble as a temporary place of employment. It serves well at the moment, but if I only get payed what I am now (even with a fifty cent raise in two months), I can't stay there too much longer. ... I hate saying that though becasue I genuinely do love working there, It just doesn't really pay a lot... You gotta do what you gotta do right?....

.... Besides I am so yearning to get the chance to kickstart my acting career.

Oh, well, we'll have to see what happens in the next few weeks. I'm sure I'll have a lot to consider as I work, get payed from my Barnes and Noble paycheck, and look for something that pays more, either instead of B&N, or alongside it. ... [sigh]

Well, that's all from my humble keyboard for now. I've gotta start thinking about heading out to work today. Have a blessed Sunday, and until later, much love from me.

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)