Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Sunday, October 27, 2002


"That Darn Tuxedo!"


I gotta get me one of those!.... Tuxedos that is.

After my rather emotionally painful stint among the caffeine-charged nose-crinckling beverages, I hung around B&N for a bit and waited for a friend and co-worker, Andy, to complete his shift. We had decided we both could use a little time hanging out after work, so we made plans to do just that after we both got done for the day. I appreciated the opportunity greatly. With my current work schedule, my other friends still in college or off and married already, and limited time to get together with friends who are around but also quite busy, my 'social life' has been rather nill lately. I needed to get out and just hang out with a friend or two. I really appreciated the opportunity to do so this evening.

Andy's a cool guy. He was hired at B&N about the same time as I, so essentially we're both pretty much on the same level there. What's most notable though is that he and I share a common passion -- STAR TREK! Anyone who shares my interest in all things Star Trek like Andy does, is pretty cool in my book. Gotta love Star Trek. If you're not a fan of the show(s), shame on you! (ok, I'm just kidding, but seriously, what's not to like? ... [smile] )....

Well, anyway, potential passionate Star Trek comments aside (as could happen if I keep talking Star Trek rigtbhere right now....), Andy and I seem to get along quite well. I am eager to get to know the guy further. He could become a pretty good friend at this rate.... Having co-workers you like and get along with is wonderful.... (Oh, and truth is, there are a lot of fellow Trek fans at B&N.... so I'm liking my fellow coworkers and place of employment all the more, sans the coffee of course!)

Well, after we both concluded our hours of work, we decided to make part of our hanging out, to go see the new Jackie Chan movie, "The Tuxedo." My brief review: It was a stitch, and well worth going to see. The gist: give a karate-kicking accidental spy like Jackie Chan an experimental 'Superman-suit' tuxedo and watch what happens. The result is a movie with the typical matial arts finesse and uniquely entertaining witty humor of Jackie Chan. If you haven't seen it yet, it is worth the ticket price, and far from depressing. I left the theatre thinking (along with Andy), this was a worthy entertaining way to spend the evening. Great movie... and if you think about it, who was the lead character in the movie, Jackie Chan, or the tailored garment? Makes you wonder doesn't it.... A whole movie about one item of clothing.... interesting. :)

If you're looking for brilliant acting and dramatic tension, maybe another movie would be a better selection, but if you want entertainment, Chan certainly delivers, yet again! Go see it, and hey, umm, if anyone has one of those experimental tuxedos, can I, umm, borrow it for a while?.... [wide, sarcastic grin]

Have a great Monday all. I'll catch you again on the marrow.
-Jon


 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)