Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Thursday, October 24, 2002


"Things don't always go as planned."


Tuesday evening wasn't quite as fruitful as I had hoped it would be. Ironically, I never did get to the emails, job-hunt, and sending out more resumes. I ended up being a bum and getting caught up in other, less mentally-stimulating tasks. In short, I didn't do any 'job-hunting'. Bummer.

Wednesday -- day two of my days off this week -- was also less productive than I had hoped. (I'm noticing this seems to be a trend when I have the day off from work.... Hmm, strange...). ...Anyway, I awoke about 11:30am, and by noon was getting ready to watch "Sliders" on the Sci-Fi Channel. My friend Scott called about ten-to-noon and we talked for about thirty minutes. Unfortunately, he too seems to be under the weather now; It must be cold season. He decided to call in sick for work today too. I certainly hope he feels better, especially his voice. Mine is coming back; his is disappearing.... [sigh]

Well, anyway, I ended up watching the rest of "Sliders" and then sticking around the living room for "Gene Roddenbury's Earth Final Conflict", and then "First Wave." All three episodes were good. I'm rather enjoying these three shows, and since I can watch them most days, I'm kind of getting into them a bit too. Hey, why not right? :)

Ironically, once 3pm rolled around, and the last episode ended, I was feeling strangely tired. You know what I did? I went to bed. Normally this is good to do when you're tired, but, in this case, I slept for four hours. I'd slept my afternoon away and that hadn't even been on my to-do list!

I woke up by 7pm, made dinner, and then enjoyed an all new episode of "The Twilight Zone" at 8pm. Then, it was back to doing little odds and ends, and various ongoing projects. I still have not gotten to the resumes, calling the employment agencies, emailing out job inquiries, and a few other items I really wanted to work on today....

It's funny how things like this work. You have a day off, and plans all laid out, and then what happens?... Something else pops up and diverts your attention towards other lesser-important things. I thought I left this kind of procrastination in my college apartment before I graduated in the spring? Maybe it's catching up with me en masse again...

I hate it when that happens.

Oh, well, I guess there's always some time tomarrow.... more if I'm not needed at work. ...[sigh]

Now it's 5am Thursday morning, my sleeping schedule is all screwed up, and I still have that same to-do list to take care of.... I guess I I'm just going to go grab a shower and get a few more hours of sleep. I gotta be up by noon anyway to catch another episode of "Sliders"... [hehehe]

Catch ya all tomarrow sometime. :)
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)