Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Sunday, October 20, 2002


"Under the weather."


My appologies for not writing since Thursday. There were some items that I wanted to muse upon, at the time, but since I never got here to write, they've sadly slipped my mind. I guess such musings will have to wait until next time.... [sigh]

Anyway, My absense is due to the cold weather. It finally seems to have gotten the best of me and left me with a miserable cold. I've got those lovely sniffles, stuffed up sinuses, disappearing voice, and weak limbs that are screaming, "Jon, take a rest... you ain't going anywhere for a while."

Of course, having a cold like this also means I'm not going to work today. I figure Barnes and Noble would rather not have me passing along such sniffles to thier customers, especially the children (Sundays I work the register up in the children's book department). That, and how the heck am I going to function at a register if I can't tell the customer how much his purchase comes to (since I have no voice, or would undoubtedly lose what little of it I have left through the course of my eight hour shift). That, and with me being weak like this, I'm already at a disadvantage.

Oh, well, I suppose a day off like this will afford me the chance to curl up with a good book and read for a while. Honestly, that's about all I really want to do today. I can handle giving my fingers a workout typing at my PC, but, those books on my shelf are really calling me. I might as well take this opportunity to read them... [smiles wanely]

I'll take it easy today, and be back to work again tomarrow. Granted I lose a whole $48 by not working today.... but health comes first, right?.

I'll catch you all at a later date.

Your sniffly blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)