Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, November 18, 2002


"How to Succeed in Business.... Without Really Trying."


Sunday was an interesting day. Thankfully it was a day off, so that I enjoyed.

I walked the twenty-three or so blocks to church (Fairview) for the late service. It was a crisp walk, but not too unbearable. I think though, I'll probably end up going to the other nearby WELS Lutheran church (St. John's, Tosa) , the one that is directly on the city bus line. It'll be a warmer commute in the colder months of winter. I'm not sure if a 23-block walk in the snow and ice will be all that exciting every Sunday morning (Unless I end up joining a friend who usually walks that way each week....). We'll see.

Later in the afternoon, I walked the dozen or so blocks to my old college campus to see their musical theatre production of, "How to Succeed in Business, Without Really Trying." It was a fun show. Laughs abounded, though it didn't seem up to par as that of some previous shows of previous years somehow. Maybe I'm just more a fan of the dramatic. This show was obviously comedic.... I enjoyed it, appreciated the light-hearted nature of it, and loved the sarcastic portrayal of corporate greed and the idea of getting ahead in business by stepping on others.... So true of our world today. Sad, but true.

I could probably write more about the show, but then again, I know there are some of you reading this that have yet to see it, so I won't give anything away. I'll let you draw your own conclusions when you see it. [smile].... Then of course, there are those of you that won't be able to see it, so you'd have little clue what I was talking about anyway. Suffice it to say, it was a fun show. If you get the chance to see it, sit back and enjoy.

I enjoyed the opportunity to see a few old friends while I was on campus for the show as well. My sister was in the show, which was one of the reasons I went to it.... and I was surprised to find that my friend Maggie was also in the show. My friend Hannah helped behind the scenes. I didn't get the chance to say hi to either Maggie or Hannah, but I dropped them both letters later in the evening. I really miss those two. [sighs]

My friend Scott called in the evening and we chatted for a few hours. He and I chat usually once a week. He used to be my roomate in college for two years, and probably my closest friend right now. Great guy. Too bad he lives an hour north of here. That does not afford much of a chance to get together any more. Oh well, we take the opportunities when they come around.

All in all, Sunday was a good day, but, alas, it's back to the mines today. I'm already brainstorming things to keep myself occupied and add variety to my eight hours at B&N today. ... But then again, you all know the story already. [sigh]

Well, I'll catch you all later. Take care, and have a wonderful start to the week. God Bless.

Your blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)