Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Friday, November 01, 2002


"Thursday: Things Change...."


Well, my 'weekend' is over.... Back to work.

Well, ok, it's not as bad as it may seem. I still enjoy my job. The concept of needing to find a job that provides a slightly bigger paycheck, though, looms near the front of my concurrent thoughts. I suppose, in some ways that casts a darker glow upon my enjoyment of work. I constantly have the ever-present thought that I am not earning what I, personally, am truly worth. This is of no fault of either B&N or myself, it's just stemming out of the situation. Afterall, I am working someplace where I'm not really employing my educated skills and God-given talents, and I'm honestly just trading my time for money. Right now though, I value my time more than what I am getting compensated for it.... But then again, I see myself as just "paying my dues" before I move on to better things.

But alas, fear ye not, though I have such thoughts bouncing around my head, I am content right now. And the reason I am content, is that I know, very soon, I will find that balance between time and it's value in what I trade it for, via my paycheck, evening itself out. How soon, is the uncertainty, but, knowing that things change keeps me going.

I didn't get to do as much career-job searching as I would have liked these past three days off, but I think I've come up with an efficient method to maximize my productivity in this search. I shall start to employ it tomarrow, after work.... [smiles]

You know, the nice thing about the weekend (whether it truely IS the weekend, or, like it is for me lately, mid-week), ... is that you can relax. That's just what I did. I went on a cleaning and organizing spree in my apartment, did the typical stuff like laundry and filing things, spent a good deal of time on matters relating to my Star Trek PBeM sim, and then, of course, took care of emails and such. Beyond that, a little relaxation near the television, a few errands, and other little odds and ends rounded out my mid-week 'weekend'. I needed it though. My 'work week' had been a rather unexpectedly draining one, but I guess that's what comes with working retail in a major bookstore.

Tomarrow is Friday. I start up another string of work days. I think I am ready though.... rested and ready to tackle the requirements of my time for money gig. Luckily, Friday also means a 9-5 shift, as opposed to my 4-midnight ones. I'll be home to enjoy the evening. I like that. .... Hmmm, maybe I'll have a nice helping of spaghetti tomarrow for dinner.... Mmmm, yeah, maybe I will! ...

Alas, right now it is still Thursday night. I think I'll go watch a midnight showing of a syndicated episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and then go to bed. Seven hours from now, I must wake up and go back and trade some more of my time for money....

Well, have a blessed Friday everyone, and you'll be able to read more from me later on the marrow. Until then, your struggling artist and loyal blogging friend,

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)