Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, November 23, 2002


"Week: So far behind...."


Well, once again, I did not post in nearly a week. This is really bad news. Work, work, work. Word of advice, from someone who is learning the hard way and can't do too much about it right now.... Don't work in retail during the Christmas holidays (or leading up to it), and don't work for less than $7/hour.

Yeah, as most of you know, that's me right now. Overworked (at a menial task), wanting better work (at something I have a passion for) and seriously underpayed for my tastes. Unfortunately, Milwaukee is an industrial town, and well, my skills lie elsewhere. I am so desperate to follow my passions, but they are getting set aside just to be able to find time to try to make ends meet, and that hurts inside. I know this is preparation for something better, but it just seems to leave me feeling kind of empty inside, no matter what facade I may be able to muster. Then again, life is not supposed to be easy right? ... [wistful smile].

"Find some meaning and purpose to what you're doing right now and you'll start seeing the stepping stones that will lead you into a better situation."

That's my dad's advice. It makes sense. He and I chatted this evening, and he gave me a lot to think about. I guess I was just feeling bummed with a lot of things lately.... still am I guess. But, I do have a lot to think about.... and in some ways, a renewed vigor to keep plugging away at things, even if they seem drenched in muck and seemingly meaningless right now.

We worked out some plans for Thanksgiving. I have the day off from work, but, as is the nature with retail, have to be to work even earlier on Friday than usual. (...one of the statistically biggest shopping days of the year -- I hate statistics!). My end of the work week may seem a little screwy, but afterall, I have not seen my family since last Christmas. I think a slightly tight schedule, a little traveling, and some lost sleep is worth it. Besides, maybe seeing family will invigorate my bummed out spirit.

"Let God deal with the problem(s). He's put you where you are right now to get experience finding solutions."

More good advice. Considering some things my father/family has been through lately, advice like that from him has even more merit. Trust, patience, and an open mind to God's plan over my own -- tough characteristics, but I suppose there is accomplishment in the mastery of those. I may be pretty good at those most of the time, but it's allways a challenge nonetheless. I just have to work at getting experience finding those solutions to what perplexes me. Not an easy task. Pray that I can stick to that task. I think I could really use the support and encouragement.

Well, tis late.... my clam chowder belated dinner calleth. Then back to work on a few projects.... and off to bed.

Until the marrow,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)