Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Thursday, December 05, 2002


"Catch-up: PART III ... The week begins anew."


Well, it it now early afternoon on Thursday, exactly a week after Thanksgiving. I am back to the familiar grind of a new work week, and strangely enough have been finding it rather bearable. Monday and Tuesday were rather relaxed at the registers. Wednesday was again rather easily paced, and now Thursday looks like it could be rather similar.... although I probably shouldn't hold my breath too much. I'm scheduled to be 'on-call' today, so I have to call in at 5pm and see if I'm needed to work. If not, I don't have to go in, but if I can, I think I will try to. I can definitely use the extra six hours on my paycheck next week.

For now, as I make good use of my few free hours in the afternoon, I'm finally able to catch up on things that were put on hold while I relaxed and unwound during my Thanksgiving 'weekend'. I'll probably finish up my daily computer tasks, do a little more writing, and probably even get in some time with that book, "What Color is Your Parachute?". I know I'm already looking forward to things that I hope to do this coming weekend, but I can't get too far ahead of myself. I've still got the rest of today and Friday to get under my belt first.

Oh, and now that December is here, I can look forward to a few other things as well.... Two new movies have me waiting in eager anticpation -- Star Trek: Nemesis, and The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. I'm a huge fan of Star Trek, and I love J.R.R. Tolkien's Ring Trilogy. ... I may have a strict budget right now, but I'm certainly going to fudge a little to see those two new flicks. I'm hearing good things about both, so I think it'll be well worth the price of the two tickets.... Hey, you wanna come see them with me? I'd love the company! ... [grins]

Well friends, I think that wraps up my three-part series of 'catch-up' posts. Feel free to read the previous two if you have not already, and by all means, feel free to drop me a note if the spirit moves you. I love coorespondance.... and I'm thrilled that you have taken an interest in my humble life via my postings on this little blog. May the Lord bless you, and grant you a joyous Holiday Season!

I'll catch you all here again either later today, tonight, or tomarrow (Friday) evening. Until then, take care.... and don't forget to smile. You'll be amazed at how bright it can make your day.

Your blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)