Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Wednesday, December 11, 2002


"Meeting the friendly foreign people!"


You know, I really don't know what to say of Tuesday. It was just sort of a normal day....

Surprisingly, I again rather enjoyed my eight hour shift at Barnes and Noble. I think all the credit for that goes to the people I met and work with there though. No celebrities, (that I recognized -- like on Monday), came through the store, so nothing too out of the ordinary there. But I do find it interesting the amount of foreign customers that come through the store on a regular basis. There seem to be quite a few who've moved to the states from places like England, Australia, and Asia -- lots of heavy British and Australian accents. ... [smile].

There is even a new co-woorker of mine who works in the cafe part of the store. She's from Australia, and, like many of those customers, has just moved to the states herself. I ran into her while I was ordering something for dinner during my break, and had a lovely little conversation with her as I awaited my order. I don't know why, but I love her accent. She's quite friendly, not a bad conversationalist, and yeah, surprisingly 'cute' too.... [chuckle]. ... I'm kind of eager to run into her again. ... [grin]. We'll see.

I guess that's really about it from the annals of Tuesday. I'm hoping my string of bearable (and somewhat enjoyable) days at work continues. I'm kind of liking this. To bad I'm seeking out a different job for sometime in the near future. I really am going to miss the people I come across at Barnes and Noble.... [wistful sigh].

Well, I'll catch you all later on. Have a blessed Wednesday.

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)