Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, December 10, 2002


"Monday: Celebrity Sighting!"


Ok, ok, it was probably more like a 'celebrity meeting' to be honest, but whose keeping track of these things anyway. ...[lol]...

Well, first there was one of the three major Wisconsin candidates for Governor, Ed Thompson (brother to Senator Tommy Thompson). A month or so back he came up to me in Barnes and Noble, said hi, shook my hand, and then asked me to help him find a book. Granted, Mr. Thompson didn't win the election for Governor, but just to be one of the three state candidates can't be half bad, can it? ... [grin]. ... But, ok, ok, so you're probably wondering, what celebrity did I meet this time? ... Well, ... have you ever heard of actor, Dustin Diamond?

Yeah, for those of you nodding your head, yes, that is THE "Screech" from the old show, "Saved by the Bell." No kidding! I was, once again, working at one of the sales registers in Barnes and Noble today. An hour or so before close, a young couple came into the store, and were having problems getting our system to recognize their Barnes and Noble discount card. They explained that they had just moved to the Milwaukee area from out in California, and it was probably just an inter-state problem. Honestly problems like that do pop up relatively often with out of state customers....

My co-worker standing right next to me, Dennis (who was actually ringing the young couple up), and myself were actually oblivious to who these two were at the time. We eventually cleared things up, chatted a bit as we do with most friendly customers, and bid the two a wonderful evening (yadda yadda...). We then proceeded to continue in our regular cashiering duties. It wasn't until an hour later after the store closed that we were informed just how oblivious the two of us were. Yes indeed, we had just been chatting with the infamous Screech from "Saved by the Bell!"

Honestly, it's just been years since I've even watched "Saved by the Bell". No wonder I didn't recognize Dustin. I'm sure, he was hoping to keep a low profile, so it's probably a good thing neither of us recognized him at the time. If I were in his shoes, a low profile would be on my list too. Kind of a cool feature to work today though, if you ask me .... And you know, some people laugh at me when I say it's the people that I work with or come across that keep me interested in working there.... Ha! ... But it's a proven fact, I DO meet very interesting people working there!... So there! ... [sarcastic chuckle]

Oh, and hey, if your interested, after I got home from work I did a little search online for info about Dustin. I came up with this linked interview he did for the Onion. There's a picture included. Enjoy!

Other than the 'celebrity meeting' at work today, the day overall was a very good one. I actually enjoyed myself at work, and that's been relatively rare lately. I won't complain though. There surprisingly was a lot to enjoy about today. Cool-cool!

I was actually congratulated by the store manager too, shortly after I came in at 4 PM. Apparently the store had been shopped (secret shopper), a week or so earlier, and I was the cashier who the shopper came in contact with. Oblivous, I did everything right, and helped earn the store a 100% score. In retail terms a score that high is very nice to have. Needless-to-say, Barry, the store manager was very happy. Hey, I'm just doing my job. :)

But, that was my day today. Not bad huh? ... [grins]. I hope tomarrow turns out to be just as enjoyable. We'll see. :)

For now, tis late, and I've probably already stayed up longer than I should. I think I'll head off to bed now.... [rubs sleep out of his eyes]....

Take care, and until the marrow, have a blessed Tuesday!

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)