Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Sunday, December 08, 2002


"Saturday: Friends and Films."


Today was a good day. I suppose even better when it's a day off from work right? ... [grin].

I walked down the few blocks to my old college to take care of a few errands today. Unfortunately, I didn't get to that little trip until mid afternoon. I must have been quite tired last night; I ended up sleeping until 1:30pm! Granted that was a little longer than I had intended to remain in bed, but hey, no harm done right?....

Anyway, when I did get down to campus, it turned out to be a nice diversion. I had to drop off a few items with a friend who had lent them to me, and while I was there I stopped in the campus library, checked out a few items, and then later stopped in and visited my sister in her apartment for a little bit. All-in-all, nice visit. I ran into a few old friends, said hi to a few faculty/staff members I had not seen in a while, and was on the recieving end of the familiar "WLC Friendly"... (aka, smiles and a hello from people that don't even know me!)... Things like that make me miss that place.... [wistful glance off into space].

I returned to my apartment as the sun was setting. I decided to grab the bus the few blocks and save myself walking in the cold. Since the bus didn't pass by the stop I was standing at for almost twenty minutes, I stopped in at the grocery store kitty-corner to the stop. I ended up picking up some delicious crispy fried chicken for dinner from the deli.... Mmmmm... [licks lips].... I haven't had crispy chicken like that in who knows how long! ... Good stuff! Add in the mozzeralla sticks I also picked up and I can happily say, that was one heck of a delicious dinner! :)

While I savored my dinner, I turned on the television.... and eventually came across a very interesting movie. Have you ever heard of a film by the name, "Three Days"?

Well, the gist of this Christmas film was that a successful young married advertising executive helplessly watches his wife hit by a car on Christmas Eve. The accident proves fatal. The doctors are unable to revive her, and to her husbands sorrow, she stops breathing. ... But then an angel answers the man's prayer, and let's him relive the past three days. The idea is that he has this opportunity to truely express to his wife how much he really loves her. The kicker is, his wife would still die on Christmas Eve. He has three days, but cannot alter her fate. Throughout the course of the film the husband comes to realize exactly how much he loves his wife, and in the end he actually chooses to sacrifice his own life at the last minute to save hers -- the ultimate gift of love.

It was a wonderful movie, and one that I think will have to go on my list of favorites. Christmastime affords for some great movies doesn't it? [smile]

My movie-watching did not end here though. As it just so happend, when Noah got back for the day, he popped in his recently purchased DVD of "Behind Enemy Lines." This film I greatly enjoyed as well. Irnonically, before this evening, this was one film I've always wanted to see, but had not yet.... But, now I have. Great movie.

It turns out Noah also picked up "Hart's War" and "Black Hawk Down", also two movies I have wanted to see, but have not as of yet. That and I checked out the DVD of the movie "Gettysburg" from the campus library. Gettysburg is one of my all-time favorite movies, and now that there is a DVD player in the apartment, I get to see the film on the new 27" television Noah also got as an early Christmas present... Cool-cool. I'm eager to see the added features on the Gettysburg DVD too.... Should be an excellent viewing opportunity for sometime in the near future!

But, anyway, that was my Saturday. It was indeed a good day.... after a long week of work. I'll certainly take days like this whenever I can get them! Well all, it is very early morrning on Sunday already. With the conclusion of this entry, I am now at a point where I can go to bed. I hope tomarrow proves to be as enjoyable. I shall have to see, shan't I? :)

God bless, and have a wonderful Sunday!

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)