Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, December 16, 2002


"Star Trek: Nemesis. (no spoilers)."


Friday I finally got to see Star Trek: Nemesis! I've been waiting for that movie for quite some time, and now, it has finally opened! ... Woohoooo!!! ... [jumps up and down in excitement].

After work, Friday afternoon/evening, I was able to get together with a few co-workers and go see it. My friend Andy (co-worker) had been able to take the day off, since he usually works Fridays, and get a good-sized group together and see the noon showing. Unfortunately I was unable to switch my schedule around, so I missed that. Luckily, however, there were still three of us that went in the evening, including Andy, his second time seeing the film. He raved about it to the Sarah and I, and that coupled with a few other good things I've heard prior, made me all the more excited to see it!....

Now, for those of you that have not yet seen the film, I won't give anything away, but I certainly will recommend it. I have, strangely enough been hearing some really negative buzz about the film, after the fact, from Star Trek fans on the internet. It seems there is a large base of fans that are rather irrate about some things in the movie. I warrent such comments, though, to the Star Trek crowd that just likes to nitpick things to death. Personally I thought it was a great movie. Yes, I'll agree with some of the points that I have heard brought up about the film, but the truth is, in my mind, and from a strictly entertainment viewpoint, Star Trek: Nemesis is the Wrath of Kahn of the Next Generation series! Seriously. Go see it. It is worth the ticket price no matter what you hear from the 'nitpickers'.

I was talking with my friend Scott, when he came to visit on Saturday,... The "rule of evens" certainly rings true. There is a saying that all the even-numbered Star Trek films turn out to be the best, while the odd-number movies tend to be the less favored among fans. Star Trek: Nemesis rang true to this. The Wrath of Kahn remains my favorite Trek film, but I think Nemesis comes in second, followed by First Contact. ... and I think Insurrection remains one of my least favorites.

If you haven't seen the film yet, I recommend you go see it, if not other than to say you have. I enjoyed it, and I think you might too, that is, if you aren't in favor of picking things apart. Just enjoy it, and hey, feel free to email me your review. I'd love to hear what you thought of the film, even if you didn't like it....

.... I am especially interested to hear what some of you think of some of the 'plot twists' and surprises in the film.... such as when the ... oh, wait, you might not have seen it yet. [sarcastic sigh]. Fine, I'll be nice and not give anything away.... [sarcastic pout].

Enjoy! ... and until you see it, have a blessed week.

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)