Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, December 09, 2002


"Sunday, December 8, 2002."


Well, today was a pretty relaxing day... Not too much out of the ordinary. I did spend most of my day going through that book my father gave me when I saw him on Thanksiving -- "What Color is your Parachute?". It's been a very helpful resource for me as I have altered my methods in searching for a new job.... As the book put it, I am now embarking on a "Life-Changing Job search" rather than the traditional, and statistically less effective, job search that most people undertake (aka, answering job ads, visiting job boards, etc...).

As I am discovering, I think these new more intensive methods I am learning of in more detail will prove 90% more fruitful! ... Seriously. I'll actually begin to employ them in a few days as soon as I have gotten through the whole book. I can safely say though that I am both finding myself very encouraged by reading this book, as well as much closer to what appears to be my destined job.... and let me say, I'm pleasantly surprised! .... But, you'll have to wait until a subsequent post to learn of my findings. .... 'Muahahaha...' .... (Don't you just love suspense!) ... [chuckle]

Well, anyway, aside from the hours of self-analyzing that I did today, I also took time out, during dinner, to see what was on television. I came across "The Preacher's Wife", starring Denzel Washington as an angel, and since it too was a film I have wanted to see, but as of yet, have been unable, I stayed around to watch. I'll certainly have to agree with my mom on this one... Great film. ... [smile].

But alas, the hour has now come upon me, and at nearly 4 AM Monday morning, I am off to bed. I go in to work at 4 PM Monday, so sleep will still be plentiful. I certainly hope this week at B&N is a less stressful one though. Last week ended on a rather sour note....

I do have Friday to look forward to though.... You know why?.... [jumps up and down in excitement] ....

... Star Trek: Nemesis hits the theaters! ... (Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, I'm a 'Star Trek Geek'...lol) ... I hear the plan is that a whole group of us Trekkers at work are going to get together and see the film in one or both of two showings that day. Cool-cool!

Well, catch you all later on the marrow.

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)