Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Wednesday, December 18, 2002


"Whistle while you work."


You know, strangely, these past few days at work have been rather enjoyable. I don't really know why. You'd think, during the worst time to be working in a retail store (for one's sanity that is), I'd succumb to the 'affectionate' phrase that many of my co-workers have coined for the weeks during this time of year -- "Hell Week." Oddly, not so. I'm actually having fun.... Seriously.

I've been going into work full of energy, happy, cheerful, and working hard to make the best of it.... even though deep down I'd really rather not be there. It's strange. I've had customers coming through my register, regularly saying things like, "Wow, you're pretty happy! Why is that?".... I just am I guess. .... [shrug].

Yeah, I still am seeking a new job in my free time, that hasn't changed. But I guess the best thing to do each day is just make the best of what you've got. That's my plan right now. It seems to be working too, so I guess there really isn't anything worth complaining about. Life is what you make it, right? If you let it be "Hell Week", it will be. If you make the best of it, smile, and make it an adventure, it will be.

Maybe I'm just strange. ... [shrug]

Whatever the case, I'm just going to go with it. Today I'm back in to work for another 8+ hours. I'm just going to do the same thing. Why change a 'good' thing right... even if it does seem a little strange sometimes when compared to everything going on around me. I'm probably going to end up having a little overtime (over 40 hours) by the end of the week. (Especially considering that on the schedule I'm listed as part-time.).... I won't complain. It'll be a slightly larger paycheck for Christmas, right? [smile]

It's very interesting too, .... I'm working in a temporary job that's not my favorite, yet I'm able to find the joy and excitement to muddle through the worst shopping season of the year. Maybe this is a blessing straight from the Lord? Perhaps the thanks is entirely due Him.... Maybe He's just allowed me to see the joy in the negative, and to see it much clearer than usual? .... Hmm, I guess I truely do have nothing to complain about! ... I like this mindset!

I wish you all the best this Holiday Season. Find the joy in everything and may your Christmas be a bright one!

Much love from your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)