Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, December 23, 2002


"Wow! Is it Monday, already!?"


You know, I must have lost track of all time these past few days. It's already Monday, December 23, 2002 -- Two days before Christmas! Where did the time go? ... [chuckle]

I'm sitting here now listening to a CD my friend Scott burned for me, ... a Christmas gift. Have no fear, it's music from MP3.com... but it's pretty good stuff! Have you ever heard of a musical group by the name of 'Galbatron"? Look them up on MP3.com sometime. They work with a lot of synthesized keyboard music. That (and a few songs of other upbeat genres) are what I'm listing to right now. It was a clever gift, and a much-liked musical collection of 16 songs. Many thanks Scott!

Yeah, time went fast these past few days. I oddly was flying high and enjoying my Thursday at work. Customers seemed to think it was odd that I was so happy. I guess they don't expect that to come from someone working in retail, especially this time of year, but, hey, you've read my previous post here, right? Life is what you make it. Enjoy what you've got!

I will have to be honest, though, for some reason, Friday was tiring. Maybe it's true too that being so friendly to so many people can be tiring. It must be. I can't imagine that will stop me from being just as friendly today though. It's two days before Christmas, I'm going to enjoy it!.... and maybe try something different... Maybe try some fun 'stuff' while I wait on people. [wink, wink] ....

...We'll see how things go. Who I come in contact with sort of has a bearing on what kind of accents, characters, and such I can employ. And no, I won't do anything that leaves a negative impact on Barnes and Noble.... Silly! .... I'm just going to have fun at work today and tomarrow.

Yeah, that's right, I work today and tomarrow,.... which means 'no go home for Christmas' for me. I'm a little saddened that I won't be home for Christmas this year, but with the holiday falling smack dab in the middle of the week, traveling to Minneapolis to visit my family is a little out of the question on Wednesday. I have to be back to work on Thursday. That short of a timeframe just wouldn't work.

But, have no fear, I am resiliant! My sister, currently off somewhere (Arizona or New Mexico or some such place like that) volunteering for a TCW (Travel Canvas Witness) event, comes back to Milwaukee sometime this coming weekend I think (?). She'll be here for a friend's wedding on New Years, and then she, Noah, and I will drive across Wisconsin up to Minneapolis on that next weekend. Though it's only a weekend trip, that's 'Christmas with my family' for me. Where there's a will, there's a way, right? ... [smile]

But, alas, Christmas Day I am here in Milwaukee. However, thanks to modern technology though, I'll still be in contact with my family back home. It'll be an interesting Christmas. Next year though, I'm going to strongly stipulate, wherever I am working, that I intend to be home for Christmas in 2003. I intend to have more freedom to make such requests by then. .... Where there's a will, there's a way, right? ... [chuckle]

Oh, speaking earlier of Scott, Saturday he came down here to the big city and we hung out, eventually going to see "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers". Excellent flick! .... You know, I think I can now say I have an ultimate favorite movie, and without a doubt, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy has moved into that spot! I loved "The Two Towers".... I can't wait for "The Return of the King"!

... Hey, you all know that the character of Golum was digitally added.... Do you think this could be the first time in the history of the Academy Awards that a non-living actor is nominated?... [sarcastic chuckle]. ... (yeah, yeah, I know there was a real actor involved, but it's the sentiment of the thing to which I am referring.)....

[chuckle]

Well, I'll leave you with that thought. ... [smile]... The time has come for me to prepare to head off to work today. Time to have some fun!

Merry Christmas all!

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)