Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Thursday, January 02, 2003


"The death of a computer."


Well, there's a first time for everything I guess... On Wednesday, New Years Day, my computer finally died. I went to turn it on, and became the unwitting recipient of a computer whose life was long, and very useful.... but over. Don't get me wrong, my computer can be revived, but with a lot of work. It would be a whole different machine.

The really unfortunate thing about this crash is that I lost ALL my files, and unfortunately, that also means the master copies of some of my old graphics work. Bummer. All my files. ... [sigh]... As luck would have it, this was also the day I had planned to go through all my saved computer files, so, I had all my files prepared to be organized. Oh, well, make the best it I guess.

Unfortunately too, since my PC went kaput, that means everything was back to square one, and strangely, I have yet to determine the cause. My computer currently seems to not be responding as it should. (Maybe it got infected by something?...) I'm sure, with a little technical work though, the PC can be reformatted, and reloaded once again.... But I'll let someone else take care of that I think... Then it'll be good as new, at least as far as used computers go. It might fetch a nice price used, or for parts, but I think the time has come to retire it.

Ironically, though, it was this Christmas that my father and brothers built me a new CPU. When I go home this weekend, it'll be waiting there for me, and from the sounds of it, it's a notable upgrade from my current PC. .... How ironic is that? ... [grin].... I find out that a Christmas gift waiting at home for me is a new computer, and then three days before I go home, my present PC goes kaput.... Hmmm.... Interesting how that works. ... [chuckle]

Well, I probably won't be able to post here again until early this coming week, especially since I'll be on the road this weekend. So, until then, take care all, and God Bless.

Your friendly blogging (and momentarily computerless) friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)