Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, January 27, 2003


"Failing the class..."


Lately, a of couple nights recently, I have been having an interesting recurring dream. Usually, it always follows the same plot. I don't put a whole lot of stock into dreams and what they are supposed to mean in real life, but this one intruiges me....

In this dream, I am usually sitting in one of the many school classroom environments I have sat in throught my life (grade school, high school, and college). The class I am in is about to start, and as I sit there I am feeling tired, somewhat un-excited to be there, but ready nonetheless for the norm. Then, the instructor starts to speak, and informs us, the class, that we will, depending on the setting, either now have an important quiz, a test, or something of that sort on a major selection of reading that we were supposed to have read and be prepared to discuss thoroughly during this class....

The kicker is, I have not read any of that major reading prior, as I was supposed to, and now as the teacher/ professor hands out the quiz/test I start to fret. This is a major assignment I was unaware of, and I have absolutely no clue what to do with this particular quiz. Being unprepared for this test will seriously hurt my grade in the class.... and may cause me to fail.

... Then, a wave of intense panic hits me as I sit at that desk, pencil in hand, with the blank test sitting in front of me on the desk. I feel very helpless and angry with myself for not being prepared, and allowing myself to have completely forgot about this major assignment. I have absolutely no clue what to do as I sit there....

Then around that point in the dream, I wake up.

Now, I've never, in all my schooling had a situation of that much panic regarding an unprepared for quiz. Sure I've forgotten about assignments in the past, but nothing as major as in this recurring dream.... What intruiges me most about this dream though, is the realism of it. Every time, despite already having had this dream before, I always feel as though I am right there sitting in that desk. I get all concerned about failing the course, and kicking myself for letting it happen.... It seems so real -- the environment, the classmates, the teacher/professor....

It takes me a good couple of minutes after waking up to realize, there really is nothing to worry about. Afterall, I'm not even in school any more.... I've graduated college over six months ago!

Wierd.

Sometimes I do wonder, though, if there is supposed to be some point to that dream.... Maybe my subcontious mind really IS trying to tell me something.... but what? ...perhaps I'll never know?

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)