Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Sunday, January 26, 2003


"Frustrated."


Well, I've tried to keep from letting my frustrations get the better of me, but I think the time has come to vent slightly....

I found out on Friday that Barnes and Noble has decided I'm not valuable enough of an employee to provide me with suitable hours, as I have politely requested, numerous times. They've added possibly four more hours to my 16-hour/week schedule lately, and that seems to be the new schedule I'm locked into for the next couple of weeks. I'm no longer going to be patient and accept a schedule that provides me with just barely enough to live on each paycheck though. Enough is enough. I may like my co-workers there quite a bit, and enjoy the interaction with customers at the registers, but I guess that can no longer be my reasoning for staying. It's kind of sad really.... It annoys me how retail is more interested in making the most money possible, that they don't do as much as they could to benefit their employees.

You might say, 'well, Jon, if you you're not getting paid enough, get a second job'.... That's not as easy as it sounds. I often never know what Barnes and Noble will demand of me in terms of the days I work, so cooresponding a second job is rather challenging. I suppose I'll be looking more in that direction, yes, but honestly, I look at it this way.... overwork myself at two jobs, have no social life or free time, and still be getting paid very little,.... or find a job that I can work a steady 40-hour week and get paid more than both retail jobs put together. I'm not going to put myself into that latter situation. I'm just going to have to open a few more doors I guess.... I've just been a little reluctant in that category lately, for various reasons. ...[sigh]

Oh well. Anyway, today I'm going to break down and send out my resume(s) to some area places that I have been reluctant to do so. It's a resume-day I guess. I'll then have to make a few calls before work tomarrow, Monday, and hit the streets again this coming week. We'll see what happens. I want to do something I really enjoy, and have it be worthwhile as well.

....I guess I've just gotten too comfortable in a less than reliable job, and the time has come to prepare to kiss it good-bye. Oh well, I guess I'll have another busy week as I pull a few strings and seek a better employment opportunity....

Ok, venting complete. .... Back to being my happy, optimistic self.... [whew]... I do feel a little better....

Have a blessed weekend everyone, and enjoy the Super Bowl today.

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)