Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Sunday, February 09, 2003


"The Brewers Win the NLCS Pennant!"


Well, I'm up way later than I should be on a Saturday night, but hey, it was all well worth it I think....

I ended up playing three realistic seasons of a Major League Baseball simulation via the PC game Baseball Mogul 2003. Basically, it's a very detailed game that lets you manage and run the fate of everything related to a Major League Baseball team.... Of course, me being the diehard Milwaukee Brewers fan that I am, I chose the underdog. ...[grin].

So, 2002 was a bust -- just barely a fourth place finish in the NL Central Division. In 2003, the team made it to a second place finish in the division, and, in 2004.... well, let's just say that was a doozy of a year, overall. In the end, it came down to the Oakland Athletics fighting it out with the Milwaukee Brewers in the World Series, and though my Brew Crew lost four games to one, it was a real nail-biter. ...It's not easy to beat a powerhouse team that wins 128 games in a season and nearly sweeps the seasonal awards (aka, MVP, CY Young, and Rookie of the Year)!

But alas, tis only a computer game. In real life, my Milwaukee Brewers have been a bit of a disappointment for the past ten years -- real cellar-dwellers. But, I am still a diehard fan, and I hold out high hopes. Maybe things will turn around (with better management.... Hmmm, like me maybe?... [lol]...). Maybe 2004 will be their lucky year in real life too.... I doubt it... but I've got my fingers crossed anyway. .... [chuckle].

Well, tis enough fun computer game playing for me tonight. I'll see you all later upon the marrow. God's blessings, and have a wonderful Sunday!

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)