Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Sunday, March 16, 2003


"Nashville Star."


Ok, I'll admit it once again, I am a definite country boy trapped in the city.... Well, ok, not trapped, I rather like it here.... but, "Country Boy", oh, heck yeah!....

This evening, I sat down and watched Nashville Star. I'm hooked! Seriously. You can most certainly bet that I'll be tuning in every Saturday night, for the next couple of weeks, to see another round of competition and watch as the competition is dwindled down by one. There's some phenominal musical talent in this competition. I certainly don't envy the judges their task. And, it'll be a tough one, there's certainly no doubt about that!

For those of you unfamiliar with what Nashville Star is, it's the newest 'star search' show on the USA Network (cable channel). It's somewhat similar to "American Idol" (though FAR better, in my opinion!), and deals strictly with country music talent... no Pop, no Rap... just good 'ole Country. The way it should be actually!.... [grin]. ... Each week one of eleven remaining finalists is eliminated following a round of performances, and when the final winner is announced, he/she will recieve a record contract from SONY and will be produced by Country music legend Clint Black.... Not a bad goal to shoot for! ...[smile]

....Oh, and for the record, as far as my vote is concerned, it's actually firmly cemented with the talented Jamey Garner! ...[grin].

Check it out sometime, and don't be surprised if you see me reference the show here in the future. I'm a 'Country Boy'... It's my duty, remember. ...[grin]

Have a blessed Sunday, and until next time....

Your happily blogging Country friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)