Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Wednesday, March 05, 2003


"Tuesday: To yawn is human...."


Tuesday was one of those days no one really wants to be at work. It was one of those days where nothing was happening, literally. There were hardly any people in the store, so, yawns were quite frequent as I stood at my register trying to think of something to do to keep me occupied.

I glanced through nearby books, most of which really didn't interest me. I paced back and forth, probably wearing a hole in the carpet. I even wracked my brain for ideas for non-work related projects. And, of course, I kept glancing out the window behind me to watch the snow fall and blanket the expansive parking lot. To be honest, it was probably the snow that kept people at home.... and me bored at work in the first place.

Then, thankfully, when it seemed as though I would fall asleep to the soft classical music playing throught the store, or scream outloud from the pain of the thoroughly annoying Indian music (...that shrill semi-musical instrament typical of music from India), I came across something to keep me busy -- check on book orders in the system.

Did you know, there are a lot of celebrity names and contact info in the B&N database? Yes indeed. Some of those names probably do belong to the appropriate celebrities, but as an employee of B&N, I am sworn to leave that information in the system. ... Of course, it was intruiging though just to occupy my boredom and see what names matched. Hey, we all read books don't we? ... [grin].

By late evening there really wasn't much of a need to keep extra employees on the clock when nothing was happening, so, me and my co-worker at the registers were let go an hour early. Both of us were quite thankful for that actually. Seven hours of boredom standing at a sales register does get rather long and drawn out, but hey, we got paid, and, afterall, that's the whole reason I go into work there in the first place!.... I guess I can certainly handle the yawns, especially if I'm getting paid for them! ... [wide grin]

Have a wonderful day all, and I'll catch you again in a few hours.

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)