Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, April 19, 2003


"Change is good."


Monday I will be saving myself some stess. I will be turning in my resignation to Barnes and Noble. One of three possibilties exists for how it will go:

One:... I will give two weeks notice. This is the professional thing to do, and I do wish to leave on good terms. A good recommendation from a retail job might come in handy somewhere down the road, even if the job was less then favorable lately. I am hoping B&N responds professionally as well. Thus far, I'm feeling a little cheated from their end. In some regards, I think they could have done a better job serving their greatest asset -- their employees (not meaning only me). Unfortunately, as I've noticed at Barnes and Noble especially, profits come first... assets a distant second.

Two:.... Should a few matters of importance not be satisfactorily addressed when I talk to them, I will only provide one week's notice, and take the risk of not being able to use them as a reference down the road. I will also save myself the stress of remaining there for two more painful weeks. Since my career hopefully will have nothing major to do with retail, I suppose a good recommendation from them can be sacrificed, in favor of a healthy level of sanity.

Three:.... Should matters necessitate it, and appear severe enough, I will walk right then and there. THAT might just be one of those risks I need to take in my life right now.

I am hoping for at least the first option, as I do intend to remain the honest, respectful person that I try to be. However, when you are wronged, and few efforts are taken to correct it, you're less likely to desire to remain that way. It's a toss-up. I'll be prepared for each option, and just hope for the best.

In the meantime, this weekend, I will be pursuing some more possible job avenues, via resume and networking. Afterall, with a new college class graduating shortly, there must be positions available. I'll just dig harder.

So that's where I stand on the biggest issue at hand. It spiders out into other issues, however, if I can find some kind of completion to this issue, the rest will slowly present their own answers. Pray for me, not just regarding employment matters, but that I have the courage to finally step out and achieve what I have the most passion for. It's just a matter of strength of will, and a persistant faith that the Lord has his hand firmly rooted in the course my life is yet to take. We'll see what happens.

Have a blessed Easter weekend.

Your blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)