Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, April 21, 2003


"Easter 2003."


Well, the day has passed. Easter 2003 has entered the history books.

It really wasn't much different of a Sunday than most others for me, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Noah had left to take Rachel up to Minneapolis early Saturday so that she could spend Easter with our family, and also so she could take her driving liscense, and *finally* be able to drive. Silly girl. She's a senior in college, and has just put it off again and again. I guess, in order for her to accept her nanny job this summer, she has to be able to drive. Makes sense.

Well, since Noah was gone, resigned to the 300 mile, 6 hour drive across the state of Wisconsin -- twice this weekend -- I had the apartment to myself. I appreciated the opportunity. Not that I did anything out of the ordinary, but I did like the quiet and the free reign of the place. Felt relaxing somehow.

I spent a good part of my afternoon being creative.... some website work (Star Trek website), a little brainstorming, drawing, etc. That felt nice too. Having a job where I can't use any of that, creates for a real appreciation of it when I DO have the opportunity to engage in such activities. Perhaps that's another reason I'm choosing to leave Barnes and Noble. I just feel empty there. I need to feel useful. I'm just one of those people that NEEDS to be creative.

In the evening I set aside the time to watch the first part of the "Helen of Troy" miniseries on USA (cable). I really enjoyed it. Having seen the half-hour "Making of" documentary of it Saturday, I was very intruiged to watch the story unfold... especially as I am quite familiar with the behind-the-scenes work on a film. I love that kind of thing. Hundreds of people all working together to contribute their own unique creative talents to make an epic film about the Trojan War, and the 'face that launched a thousand ships'. Pretty cool stuff. Besides, I have a real interest in ancient Greece and Rome, both in terms of art as well as the history.

...I tell you, someday, I'll be working behind the camera on things like that on a regular basis.... Perhaps even hopefully in front of the camera. I've got my fingers crossed. Mark my words... Someday you will see my name in the credits quite often. It'll happen. That's my goal. It WILL happen! ... [grin]

But, unfortunately, now, as I sit here, at 1am Monday morning, I remember, I have to get to bed a little earlier than usual. I have some more resumes -- the creative and unconventional ones -- to work on and hopefully send out tomarrow. I have a good feeling about these, but, unfortunately it is just a feeling. I'm continuing in my pursuit of taking risks from last week. The decision has become final to leave B&N (see previous post). Now I compound that, and a few other risks I've engaged in, with a new take on sending out my resume and cover letter, to places I would like to work. Who knows, maybe it's all wasted effort, but I certainly hope not. I no longer will be content to fit in as just another one of the crowd. I'm unique... Doggonit, I'm gonna play that up! ... [grin]

Alas, however, I must cease writing for the night. I'll catch you on the marrow, probably after work, and let you know how my resignation with Barnes and Noble plays out. I'm hoping for the best, but I have this nagging feeling that it won't quite go that way. Let's hope that is JUST a feeling.

Have a blessed new week. Until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)