Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, April 29, 2003


"I be buff."


Well, it's interesting how certain things work. I have wondered lately if I should make more use of my local college fitness facilities, especially since I am an alumni. Then, of course, when I start thinking about it, the idea gets put on the back burner to other more pressing matters, and, when I get around to the thought once again, the whole process starts all over.

Well, this weekend, a work-out found me. There was this past weekend up at my friend's cabin up north, full of hauling dirt, and general landscape maintenance.... oh, yeah, and a little bit of canoeing to boot. Then there was yesterday and today -- moving day(s) for one of my friends and his wife and baby.

Now, don't get me wrong, I was all for volunteering my hands, and arms, etc to the cause of moving both dirt and furniture, but I think I've gotten my workout for the next two weeks. I'm starting to feel the sore aching muscles. It's a rather good feeling though. The work was good, the cause(s) even better, and the chance to stay fit quite appreciated. My friend's family cabin looks nicer, and my other friend is moved into his first house (he married last year and now has his own family).

I will have to be honest though, these 'full body workouts' have been a good segway into other projects that I need to do, namely art-related, as well as on the computer. I can sit for those, and right now, that's all I want to do. ... Oh yeah, and nurse my sunburn! Works out perfectly!

But hey, I can't complain. I'm unemployed for a few weeks, yet working on independant free-lance art projects. I'm certainly not rich, but I'm not broke either. I'm busy, but quite happy and content right now. And, I'm aching, but just a little bit more buff! .... Hey, It's a win-win situation! What more can you ask for!

Have a good one, and I'll catch you again soon... Time to go find the TV, the comfy couch, and a good snack (Hey, besides buff, I'm also hungry... [wink]...)....

Your happily blogging, but physically sore friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)