Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, April 15, 2003


"I looked... Now I am ready to leap."


You've cast your vote for security, and you probably did it a long time ago. Most of us know by the age of eight whether we're going to play it cautiously, recklessly, or somewhere in between. Some kids leap before they look. Some look and then leap. You looked and didn't leap. There were reasons we make those choices; we've forgotten them now. The point is that when we grow up, we continue to play it the way the child designed it. We never stop to rethink the design. We never reexamine those rumbles of urgency inside us to see if they make any sense. Our habits take on a life of their own, and we just assume they're right.

The truth is, most of us don't really know why we're so cautious. If there ever was a reason, it's long gone. And we've overlooked something even more important: When you play it too safe, you're taking the biggest risk of your life.


That's me. I've been playing it too safe.... all my life.

I actually picked up a book while I was at work recently, I Could Do Anything, If I Only Knew What It Was, by Barbara Sher (quoted above), and I've been reading it through lately. It's been reminding me of a lot that I have forgotten, about my dreams and goals in life. I know I can find better, I've just been a little swiss-cheesed I guess.

So, despite my less than 'successful', though quite productive week of vacation job-searching last week, many hours of thought, quite a bit of reading, and so on, I've come to find one powerful phrase imprinted it upon my mind, "Now is the time to act. The time for looking is over. Time to leap."

That 'leaping' is going to be one of the hardest things I have ever forced myself to do.

Since I love writing, odds are, I'll probably be writing more from this new perspective quite a bit over the next few days. If you've had an interest in the direction of my career (wherever the Lord is leading me this time), you may want to follow along. If not, I won't hold it against you.... A lot will be happening this week though. ...and much of it probably somewhat life-changing.

But for now, I guess work calls. I do look forward to returning and writing more this evening, but, until then, I wish everyone a blessed day. Keep me in your prayers. I may need all the support I can get.

And, on a lighter note, remember, life is what you make of it.... Smile, no matter what happens. It uses less facial muscles, and looks better on you.

Your happily blogging, though, deep down, frightened friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)