Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, April 05, 2003


"A Sim's life for me...."


I've been a bit of bit of a recluse from the outside world this week, at least beyond work. I worked full shifts on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, ate, slept, and that's about it really.... my mind has been on too many things to dedicate time to too much else. Of course, it's times like these when the instinctual thing is to seek out activities that take one's mind OFF those incensant ponderings....

So.... I've slipped into the world of computer gaming -- My game of choice: The Sims.

As it just so happens, I still possessed, in my wallet, a gift card to CompUSA (a college graduation gift from my parents from about this time last year), that had a little over $50 remaining on it. It just took me this long to determine what to use it for. That, and the fact that my only ride out near where the nearest CompUSA in Milwaukee is, is my friend Scott. He visits often, and as it just so happened, last Saturday, he and I were out and about near CompUSA. I figured it was time to find the remainder of my graduation gift.

After a bit of thinking (of which I still do too much), I settled on purchasing The Sims. And, since that left me with about $7 from the gift card, which I got back in change at the store register, my parents also gave me dinner out to Fuddruckers, spent in the company of my best friend. How cool is that! ... Thanks Mom and Dad!

So, now I have The Sims, a game I have borrowed and played in the past, adored, and now own myself. Of course, having The Sims means, I am once again addicted to the lives of little computer simulated characters... Oh, well. ... [chuckle] ... There are worse things to be addicted to!

So that's where I've been when not at work or taking care of other pressing matters this week -- playing The Sims, or rather, researching, and downloading, little goodies to make my game even more intruiging.

But, for now, I've surfaced for air, and though I'll be playing some more this weekend, I have other projects to work on as well. ....

And then there's next week.... But more on that in a later post.

For now.... I think 5:30am on Saturday morning is a good time for bed, don't you think? ... [sarcastic grin]

I'll catch you all on the marrow, sometime in the afternoon or evening I would guess. Until then....

Your happily blogging Sims-'addicted' friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)