Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, May 13, 2003


"Jon vs. the Uncontious Mind!"


You know, lately I've been sleeping for about ten hours a night. I really don't know why. I haven't set my alarm becasue I haven't had a need to be anywhere, and I know eight hours of sleep, if I can get it, isn't all that bad of an idea. The only thing is, I've been sleeping ten instead of eight.

I told myself last night that I would sleep only six hours, and then be up and ready to get back to work on the fun art stuff. Usually, I've been pretty successful convincing my internal clock to wake when I want it to. Many times I've tested myself in this regard, and usually have awoken a few minutes BEFORE my alarm goes off. Yet, maybe this time, my uncontious mind is taunting me. When that alarm is not there taunting it, it just sleeps until it wants to wake up....

...Hmm, I tell you, the mind is a strange, and sometimes annoying thing. :)

But hey, eight hours, ten hours, who cares I guess. I'm awake and ready for a new day. Maybe I'll try taunting it this time and pull an 'all-nighter' just for the heck of it -- for old times sake! ...[grin]. .... I know I'll have enough to do to keep me busy. Just my luck though, I'll probably fall asleep at my computer screen, and then who wins.... [sigh].

Oh, well.... I guess it's a mixture of frustration, amusement, and a challenge. And who said I'm not amused by the simple things?!

Have a great Tuesday all, and I'll catch you again in the near future.

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)