Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Friday, May 23, 2003


"Re-seeding Revisited."


Wednesday I agreed to go with my friend Scott up to his cabin up north and finish a little more grounds work. Mostly it consisted of removing two large piles of composting leaves and thus freeing up the dying grass beneath. We also took care to re-seed and water the grass that we had planted a couple weeks back. Thankfully most of what we had done previously was not for naught, and the new grass was actually growing quite nicely. So, now, aside from the dock going into the water, I think the work is done and the cabin is ready for it's regular summer schedule of inhabitants. I love a job well-done!

As it so happened, we had gotten a later start to these projects than planned, and the day's work took longer than we had thought. So, instead of have Scott drive back to Milwaukee and drop me off Monday night as planned, we decided I'd just crash at his place. It's a two hour drive from the cabin to Milwaukee, and Scott lives in the middle. After dropping me off, it's another hour drive for him back home, and in this case, at night. He dislikes driving in the country at night. So do I actually....

Thursday morning, after some much-appreciated rest, we departed the small town Scott lives in, and shot over to another town in which his brother attends a preparatory high school. Scott had some things to drop there before the younger sibling returned home to Africa for the summer (Scott's father is a Lutheran missionary over there). Then it was back down to Milwaukee, running a few errands, and I was home. Needless-to-say, I'm a little behind in my plans now, but hey, I suppose when an opportunity presents itself to hang out with your best friend on a such a beautiful day, at a cabin up north, there's really little to complain about!

So Friday morning has arrived. Time to do a little more drawing, maybe take a bike ride (if it's not raining), and then lounge around some. I always have something to do. This time though, I'm going to be a bum for a few hours! ...Not a bad plan if you ask me! ...[chuckle].

Have a blessed end to the week, and until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)