Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Friday, May 09, 2003


"Short Shorts."


Well, I actually saw my first woman of the season out and about the streets with those jean shorts on. I guess that means the transition from spring to summer has 'officially' begun. ...[chuckle].

Usually, guys are a poor indication of this change to summer (or any season for that matter), becasue, more often than not, as long as it's sunny out, they'll wear shorts -- even if there is still snow on the ground and it's 10-20 degrees (Fht.) outside! Young woman on the other hand, seem to have more smarts about them. They actually wear shorts, when it's time to wear shorts.

At least here in the upper Midwest (USA), where there is such a major distinction between the seasons, I've found that young women tend to choose to wear jeans until it's 'officially' warm enough to show a little more skin. Young males, on the other hand, seem as though they could care less.... and ironically tend to get sick more often. Hmm. I wonder if there is a connection here? ... [chuckle].

I guess that's just one more point on the intelligence meter for women, and one less for the guys. Way to go girls!

Ah, yes, Summer is certainly upon us already! Today when I went out and about the city to run a few errands, the sun was out, a steady breeze was blowing, and according to my little 'outdoor temperature software program thingy' here on my computer, it has been a few degrees shy of 80 all day. An absolutely beautiful day for a trip out on the town! ....Especially compared to last night, when there was a steady rain blanketing the city...

But, you know, before long, the temperature (and humidity) will eventually rise, to the point that Noah and I will have to install the air conditioning unit in the window again. But by then it'll already be well into summer. I can handle that. This is the time of year I love though. I'll have to enjoy it while I still can.... especially this lovely breeze coming in, upon my back, through my upstairs bedroom window!

Ahhh, spring, how I love thee so!

Have a good weekend, and I hope your area of the world is blessed with warmth and a cool breeze as well. Enjoy it. It only comes once a year... (unless, of course, you live in Death Valley, or the Sahara Desert!... [lol].)

Until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)