Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Friday, May 16, 2003


"To Each His Own."


My parents and youngest sister are coming down this weekend. They'll be here for my sister Rachel's college graduation. That makes two college graduates out of us six siblings. Man, I'm old.

Rachel graduates this weekend, from my old college, with a career interest in theatre and acting.... Becca, my third sister, is finishing up her sophomore year out at VMI (Virginia Military Institute), and hopes to serve as an officer somewhere in the United States Air Force.... Ben graduates from highschool and is going out to college in the Upper Midwest to pursue computers.... Joel is the jock in high school, very talented in a number of sports, and probably will still be in college.... And Lydia is graduating from gradeschool and preparing to be the last Baas to go through our old high school. Then there's me, the eldest, already a year out of college, with a degree in art and working to pursue an eventual career in acting and art -- and actually finding a surprising start to success already! .... Yeah, I'd certainly say I come from a vary varied group of siblings.

I remember back a few years when I was just preparing to head off to college, the first of us siblings to do so. I thought it was cool, being the first to venture out into the college waters. I was excited; thrilled to move on in life. Times certainly change though. Now there are four of us six that are, or have, stepped into college life. Instead of six of us pestering little children at home, there are only two left, and they're already in their teens. The rest of us are adults. Before long Joel and Lydia will have left for college too. I can only imagine how old that makes my parents feel! ....[smile].

It's kind of interesting how fast time flies though. You almost have to force yourself to make it slow down and enjoy it, becasue before you know it, you've blinked and it's gone. Where did all the years go? ...But, ah, the memories! The good times. The lessons learned. The friends aquired. Life may take us all down different paths, but that only adds to the excitement along the way!

Think about it. Five, maybe even ten years down the road, there will be two successful Baas actors persuing their creative dreams somewhere out there. There'll perhaps be at least a Lt. Baas serving somewhere in the US Armed Forces, or in a related civilian field after her tour of duty. There'll be a computer programmer working for some computer company, and probably loving every minute of it. There'll be another one who's graduated from college, left a name in the school sports record books, and could very well be a teacher or pastor somewhere... or, who knows, perhaps even a professional athlete! And then there'll be the last, and youngest of us, perhaps also teaching somewhere, but passionally chasing her creative dreams along the way as well.

Life goes on. We grow up. But it sure is fun to follow along as each of us pursues our own interests! I guess you could say that's one of the joys of being from a large family. Ah, what fun, life!!!

Enjoy the intricacies of it all. Cherish your siblings. Follow along as they chase their dreams. Afterall, it's the variety within a generation that makes the next one all the more interesting!

Have a blessed weekend. Until we meet up here again,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)