Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Thursday, May 08, 2003


"Tuesday / Wednesday"


Tuesday my friend Scott came down here to Milwaukee for a visit. It was his birthday, so he, his sister (Diana -- student at our old college), and I got together and went out to eat, at Edwardos. Mmmm, great pizza! Loaded with layers of cheese, basil, etc.... [licks lips]... I was full after only about two slices! Great stuff! ...The Last time I went there to eat was, I think, almost three years ago!... Yeah, yeah, I know, I don't get out much. ...[lol]

After dinner, we returned Diana to campus. Next week is Finals Week for her, and she's got a few tests she's concerned about. I hope she is able to pull of a good grade on them. It would be a great way to end a semester. ....Yeah, good 'ole Finals Week. That's one thing I certainly don't miss about college!

After dropping her off, Scott and I decided to take in a movie at the nearby budget theatre. Seeing a movie for $1.50 can't be beat! ... Unfortunately, "Shanghai Knights" wasn't as good as we had hoped, especially based upon "Shangai Noon", the film it was a sequal to. I guess sequals are perpetually destined to usually be worse than the original. As always Jackie Chan was a hoot, and his humor and action was quite entertaining. Unfortunately though, the story was a little too contrived and unrealistic. I suppose just seeking Jackie Chan though was worth it. He's always a joy to see in action. Not to mention the typical outtakes at the end of his films. Now THOSE were hilarious!

After the film, as usual, Scott and I talked for quite some time. It's a sign of a great frienship. And I'll be honest, I don't think I could ask for a better best friend. He and I share a lot in common, and we get along very well. It's too bad he's one of a kind. My base of friends seems to be rather small right now. I would love to get to know more people like him.... perhaps even moreso on the other side of the spectrum -- a female friend. I do have to get out more.... We'll see I guess.

Wednesday wasn't too notable of a day overall, however I suppose there are a few things that may be mentionable. I spent most of the day working on the ever-existing projects that keep me busy. I appreciate keeping busy. I hate being bored.

I've let up a bit on pursuing job leads lately, and have been dedicating more of my time to the freelance artwork projects I have on my plate. Without a 9-5 job at the moment, I actually have time to dedicate towards this artwork. Compared to the 9-5 job that I am looking for, I'd rather spend as much time as I want on the fun stuff -- the creative stuff. That's what I love doing, and what I do the best. I am getting paid for them, so I suppose, at the moment, it's the best of both worlds. Once I get further along in these projects, then I suppose I'll dive back into full-time job-searching. Until then, I'm going to have fun. Conditions are perfect for it. Who's to say I can't enjoy the opportunity? ... [grin].

Oh, speaking of having fun.... I spent a little bit of time between projects on Wednesday scanning through my typical The Sims websites, looking for more in-game objects to download. I stopped at an interesting site and scratched my head in a strange mixture of intruige and disbelief....

Did you know that there is a live online radio station (with live dj's) based upon The Sims computer game? Yeah, no kidding. I'm not sure yet how much of it is tongue-in-cheek, and how much of it really is serious. Apparently it is a viable station though, and seems to play mostly modern pop/rock music. As a test I requested a song, by Buddy Jewell, since I knew it might be a little hard to come by (compared to what they were playing normally).... and they played it within ten minutes of my request, dedicating it to me. Hmm. Not bad. I guess I will have to chalk up this site to a very unique idea, becasue it certainly is. Check it out sometime, even if just out of pure curiousity.

Oh, and lastly, a little update that still has me baffled, but growingly intruiged. Jon Recommends, the online radio station I have set up on mp3.com, is still ranked #2 among the top country stations.... but it's also now listed as #56 among the top stations in ALL categories. Considering the popularity of mp3.com, and the sheer multitude of stations playing over a million song titles, I suppose I do have reason to be thrilled! But then again, perhaps I am just amused by the simple things. :)

Have a blessed Thursday. I'll catch you again soon.

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)